The Wingman by Natasha Anders

The Wingman

by Natasha Anders

I liked this, despite contemporary romance not really being my thing. An overheard insult, scathing fatphobic Mean Girls, and a major focus on the heroine's angst and insecrity. Only one complaint: why the hell did SHE have to be the one to grovel in the end? I get that the hero had developed feelings for her, but she had no way of knowing that! He kept insisting that his romantic gestures were for show - and I get why - but she had no reason not to believe him. She took him at his word instead of reading into his action, which is the RIGHT move, IMO. And she was a virgin, ffs! Of COURSE she was unsure; he was one with the upper hand in the relationship, he should have been honest about what he was feeling! Still, of course, being right up my alley, it goes on the approriate shelves, and might be a re-read when looking for chubby-girl angst. And I may check out the next book, too, if it caters to any of my favored tropes. (3.5 stars) ( )
  PNRList | Aug 15, 2018 |
I won this kindle edition in a GOODREADS giveaway - The Wingman by Natasha Anders. --- Not as good as most but it was free! ( )
  tenamouse67 | Jan 6, 2018 |
Daisy McGregor is not precisely an ugly duckling, but she's just not as pretty next to her two sisters. She's used to being ignored by others when Mason Carlisle suddenly starts paying attention to her at a night out. When she finds out that he was just trying to help his brother get a date with her oldest sister, Daisy decides to take advantage. Mason is a nice guy so he goes along with Daisy's scheme to be her date for her other sister's upcoming wedding. In fact, he decides that he must spend more time with Daisy to make the façade seem real.
I really enjoyed this book and just ordered another book by the same author. Both Daisy and Mason both grow as their relationship develops. They are both just nice normal people and it's sweet how they both overcome their backgrounds to find each other. Mason is a hottie, former Seal and underwear model, who sees Daisy for the woman she really is. And Daisy is a bit of a mess, but finally manages to assert herself to her mother and sisters. It's a great story. ( )
  N.W.Moors | Jan 27, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,838,629 books! | Top bar: Always visible