The 5th Horseman

by James Patterson, Maxine Paetro

Series: Women's Murder Club (5)

Healthy patients are dying of unknown causes in a San Francisco hospital and the Women's Murder Club decides to investigate the hospital's personnel. They discover a hospital administrator determined to shield the hospitals reputation.

English (76)  Catalan (1)  French (1)  All languages (78)
Had a quiet and easy night tonight and finished this book in just a few hours. Definitely not as good as the first couple but still enjoyable. I do miss having more of the girls and the murder club. There are some interesting twists and turns at the end ( )
  KyleneJones | Apr 25, 2022 |
Patients are dying at an alarming rate at San Francisco's Municipal Hospital! A nightmare everyone worries about when checking in for surgery—there are always risks—but even people with minor procedures are expiring under suspicious circumstances. Unfortunately, while Lieutenant Lindsay Boxer and Yuki Castellano—Lindsay's lawyer-turned-best friend—are having lunch, Yuki's mother, Keiko, collapses and gets rushed to that same hospital.

While Keiko undergoes tests, Lindsay investigates several bizarre murders of young girls left posed in luxury cars. Bodies pile up in the hospital and out while the girls in the murder club help Yuki cope and support each other. This one is entertaining with lots of action but lacks any significant surprises. ( )
  PaulaGalvan | Apr 1, 2022 |
I can't believe I keep listening to this series.

No spoilers - it's just that this is a very negative review. I downloaded a bunch of these from the library to listen to while I do some mindless tasks - that's my only excuse. Any way, Lindsay Boxer has to be the worst cop in the world. She thumps around, breaking every kind of proper police procedure, with the subtle personality of angry wolverine. Jacobi isn't any better. The deep passionate love that the "Club" has for each other is weird. As another reviewer mentioned, women don't act like that. Also, actual, factual things, things that can be researched are wrong. Do not trust anything that happens in a courtroom.

Oh, well, I have a lot of weeding to do, so I guess I'll finish with my "hate listening". It's always good for a laugh. ( )
  NancyinA2 | Feb 3, 2022 |
Jill loaned me this book. Finished on Aug 12. Good read. I plan to get into the women's murder club series more. ( )
  MustangGuy | Aug 4, 2021 |
The 5th Horseman
Women’s Murder Club, Book 5

I Picked Up This Book Because: Continue the series.

Media Type: Audiobook

Clair Washburn: Medical Examiner
Yuki Castellano: Attorney
Cindy Thomas: Crime desk reporter

The Story:

Sooo many tragedies in this book. Scams, killers, fights, twists. It was almost too much. I really thought the hospital killings would link back into the court case. However I was quite shocked at the outcome of that. I didn’t see it coming at all. It was a crazy story and I was hooked to every bit of it. I’m glad Yuki came through in the end. I was very worried about her.

The Random Thoughts:

Challenges:

Goodreads Book Bingo - I2 - A book with a number in the title ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Jan 5, 2021 |

Patterson, Jamesprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Paetro, Maxinemain authorall editionsconfirmed
King, LoreleiNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
McCormick, CarolynNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rain was drumming hard against the windows when the midnight-to-8:00 rounds began at San Francisco Municipal Hospital.

Hachette Book Group

4 editions of this book were published by Hachette Book Group.

Editions: 0446699314, 1594831122, 1600242529, 0446618195

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 177,033,013 books! | Top bar: Always visible