Digital Fortress: A Thriller (1998)

by Dan Brown

A masterful thriller by the author of the #1 "New York Times" bestseller "The Da Vinci Code"When the NSA's invincible code-breaking machine encounters a mysterious code it cannot break, the agency calls its head cryptographer, Susan Fletcher, a brilliant, beautiful mathematician. What she uncovers sends shock waves through the corridors of power. The NSA is being held hostage--not by guns or bombs--but by a code so complex that if released would cripple U.S. intelligence. Caught in an accelerating tempest of secrecy and lies, Fletcher battles to save the agency she believes in. Betrayed on all sides, she finds herself fighting not only for her country but for her life, and in the end, for the life of the man she loves.… (more)

English (212)  Dutch (8)  French (5)  Spanish (5)  Portuguese (Portugal) (3)  Italian (2)  Swedish (1)  Portuguese (1)  Hungarian (1)  German (1)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  All languages (240)
Digital Fortress : A Thriller by Dan Brown (2000)
  sharibillops | May 20, 2022 |
Not as good as Robert Langdon books. ( )
  Hokie | May 23, 2021 |
Found this a very surprising book. While I have read all the other Dan Brown novels hadn't bothered to try find his first one, Digital Fortress, as random comments I read about it did not generate much interest on my part. Didn't expect much out of it due to comments and thinking what could be so exciting about computer code writing. Well, was I wrong.

This is as an intriguing adventure as any of Dan Brown's other novels. It doesn't have the dynamics of The Da Vinci Code it is an excellent techno thriller and deserving of more attention that it has gotten. The details are excellent. The story is extremely fascinating and Dan Brown throws out enough surprises and twists to keep the reader fixated on the story and not knowing what will happen next. Very candidly believe this is better than some of Dan Brown's other works. If you enjoy a good adventure this should be on your 'to read' list. ( )
  can44okie | Aug 28, 2020 |
It's been so long since I read this that I can't really remember the details, but going by the rating I gave at the time, I liked it!
  Tara_Calaby | Jun 22, 2020 |
Utter garbage. If it wasn’t because I listen to the “372 Pages We’ll Never Get Back” podcast I would have bailed on it ages ago. The writing was just horrendous. And the climax was a complete cop out. ( )
  Arkrayder | May 21, 2020 |
A crescendo of murder, infernos, and explosions... Brown's skill... will rivet cyber-minded readers.
added by Shortride | editBooklist, Gilbert Taylor

Dan Brownprimary authorall editionscalculated
Ruitenberg, JosephineTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Salminen, RaimoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
for my parents ...
my mentors and heroes
Prologue: It is said that in death, all things become clear; Ensei Tankado now knew it was true.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes - wie bewaakt de bewakers ? uit de Satiren van Juvenalis

Kad se neuništivi stroj za dešifriranje u vlasništvu Nacionalne sigurnosne agencije susretne sa tajanstvenim kodom kojeg ne može razbiti, Agencija poziva u pomoć svoju glavnu kriptografkinju Susan Fletcher, nadarenu i prelijepu matematičarku. Ono što će ona otkriti, potrest će centre moći. NSA iznenada postaje žrtvom ucjene, ne oružane, već putem koda koji je toliko kompleksan da njegovo objavljivanje može onesposobiti čitavu obavještajnu službu SAD-a.

Uvučena u opasan vrtlog mračnih tajni i podlih laži, Susan Fletcher bori se za spas Agencije u koju vjeruje. Izdana od svih, polako shvaća kako se ne bori samo za svoju domovinu, već i za svoj vlastiti život, a na kraju i za život čovjeka kojeg voli.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,290,050 books! | Top bar: Always visible