A Breath of Snow and Ashes

by Diana Gabaldon

Series: Outlander (6)

In 1772, the rift between Britain and its American colonies has put a frightening word into the minds of all concerned: revolution. Violence has already reared its ugly head in rural North Carolina, as cabins have been burned to the ground. To preserve the colony for King George III, the governor pleads with Jamie to bring the people together and restore peace. But Jamie has the privelege, although some might call it a burden, of knowing that war cannot be avoided. Claire has told him that the colonies will unite and rebel, and the result will be independence, with all British loyalist either dead or exiled. And there is an additional problem. Claire has discovered a newspaper clipping from 1776 that tells of Jamie's death.… (more)

English (126)  German (2)  Dutch (2)  All languages (130)
Just in case all hell hadn't broken loose before . . . expect more, but with blood and fire. This book reminds me of a long moody river with a lot of branches. ( )
  nab6215 | Jan 18, 2022 |
That's the longest time it's EVER taken me to finish a book- nearly 20 months. It's not that the book wasn't good - although I remain dubious about some plot points - but rather, the book was so meaty and full of individual story lines, it became sluggish to get through. Still, I will continue onto the next book in the series - I can't help but be drawn back to Jamie and Claire time and again. ( )
  bookwyrmqueen | Oct 25, 2021 |
I started this series when it first came out because I kept hearing how great it was. And while I did enjoy the first novel I enjoyed it less and less with each subsequent book. Reading these books has become more habit than anything else. I really have not enjoyed the last few books and this one was no exception. I sort of feel obliged at this point to see the story to its conclusion so it would be nice if it would finally conclude. ( )
  KateKat11 | Sep 24, 2021 |
3.5 stars ( )
  _Marcia_94_ | Sep 21, 2021 |
hb
  5083mitzi | Jul 1, 2021 |

Diana Gabaldonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Porter, DavinaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Schnell, BarbaraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
De mensheid ziet in vele dingen de hand van God, tijd is daar één van. Leven volgt op een volgend leven, daar is geen einde aan. Men is doordrongen van zijn macht, want niets immers - bergen nog legers - kan het opnemen tegen tijd?
Natuurlijk, tijd heelt alle wonden. Geef iets genóég tijd en alles komt goed: pijn wordt geabsorbeerd, ontberingen vergeten, verlies krijgt een plaats.
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Onthoudt dat gij van stof zijt, mens, en tot stof zult hij wederkeren.
En als Tijd verbonden is met God, moet Herinnering gelijk staan aan de Duivel
This Book is Dedicated to Charles Dickens, Robert Louis Stevenson, Dorothy L. Sayers, John D. MacDonald and P.G. Wodehouse
The dog sensed them first.
Prologue: Time is a lot of the things people say that God is.

Diana Gabaldon is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,001,215 books! | Top bar: Always visible