The New Mayo Clinic Cookbook: Eating Well for Better Health

by Donald D. Hensrud, Maureen Callahan, Cheryl Forberg

1442148,055 (4)None
The New Mayo Clinic Cookbook takes a contemporary and creative approach to health-conscious cooking that is user-friendly and practical, and sets a new standard for healthful cooking in America. The design takes a clean, classically modern approach and is supported by stunning, colorful ingredient-driven photography. Organized by ingredient and type of food, the recipe chapters are based on the Mayo Clinic Healthy Weight Pyramid and are dedicated to the pleasures of cooking and the art of eating simply and well. Features n Simple, inspiring recipes are grouped by ingredient and type of dish, with stunning photography n A detailed introduction explains the Mayo Clinic Healthy Weight Pyramid and its relevance to eating well for better health n Also features easy-to-follow menu plans, shopping advice, and eating strategies for reaching daily nutrition goals… (more)

I'm loving this cookbook! A nice variety of recipes that complement The Mayo Clinic Diet program. The recipes, compared to *other* diet programs are simple and the format is easy to follow (great directions!). The nutrition breakdown is complete and includes the Mayo Clinic "Pyramid" designations (making it much easier to plan meals!). The only down-side for me is the fact that many of the 150 recipes are designed for SIX servings. As a bariatric surgery patient, my serving sizes are small . . dividing a *typical* recipe for four in half (that would be 3-4 meals for me) is a simple process - the "math" isn't complicated. Dividing a typical recipe (i.e., 1/4 cup, 1/8 teaspoon, etc.) into thirds involves a bit more math than I typically do "on the fly". Other than that, I'm enjoying the recipes and I've ordered a second Mayo Clinic cookbook. ( )
  idajo | May 8, 2016 |
Not as helpful as I expected; I use the Williams-Sonoma book much more. ( )
  dianaleez | Feb 14, 2009 |

Donald D. Hensrudprimary authorall editionscalculated
Callahan, Maureenmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Forberg, Cherylmain authorall editionsconfirmed

Take it from Mayo Clinic experts: Treating yourself to healthy foods-many that you already love-can have remarkable benefits. To start on the path to a whole new, healthier way of eating, just choose from among these many easy recipes that are as elegant and satisfying as they are good for you.

Here's what you'll find in this authoritative guide

• 150 delicious recipes you'll turn to time and again

• A smart-eating pyramid based on current scientific evidence

• Easy-to-follow plans for reaching daily nutrition goals

• Shopping advice and menu strategies

• Simple techniques for bringing out ingredients' richest flavors

Hachette Book Group

2 editions of this book were published by Hachette Book Group.

Editions: 0848727584, 0848728122

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,289,268 books! | Top bar: Always visible