Lex Luthor: Man of Steel by Brian Azzarello

Lex Luthor: Man of Steel

by Brian Azzarello, Lee Bermejo (Illustrator)

Other authors: Mick Gray (Illustrator), Jason Martin (Illustrator), Karl Story (Illustrator)

Series: Lex Luthor

1769100,445 (4)2

While it was good, it wasn't particularly entertaining.

I expected more from Lex Luthor (action, maybe?). However, I greatly enjoyed his ''pure views'' against Superman and I think them fitting. I guess one can't help siding with him (I know I can't!).

If you're a big comics fan (and villains' too!), I suggest you check it out the library like I did and read it just so you know what it's about. But buying it? I'm not too sure.

Brian Azzarello usually impresses me (like with ''The Joker''!), but this one didn't hit the bull's eye.

It wasn't bad; it was fun but not that much. So, two stars for this one. ( )
  Catherine_GV | Feb 3, 2018 |
Ana amazing, humanizing, sympathetic look at Superman's antagonist. A prime example of the old adages "History is written by the victors" and "Everyman is the hero of his own story". ( )
  bensdad00 | Jan 10, 2017 |
I was really looking forward to this story...Lex Luthor as the good guy and Superman as the bad guy...Extremely disappointing! ( )
  biggs1399 | Jan 19, 2016 |
An interesting, if somewhat cold, character study of the classic Superman villian. This is a very dark take on the DC universe that gives Luthor a more real-world villainy. ( )
  wethewatched | Jan 7, 2016 |
A brilliantly intricate plan for Luthor to smear Superman. Probably not as good if you're just looking for slugfests. ( )
  ptdilloway | Nov 21, 2013 |

Brian Azzarelloprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bermejo, LeeIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Gray, MickIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Martin, JasonIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Story, KarlIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Superman has been called many things, from the defender of truth, justice and the American way to the Big Blue Boy Scout. In Luthor:, he is called something he has never been called before: a threat to all humanity. Brian Azzarello and artist Lee Bermejo--the acclaimed team who brought you the best-selling Joker--deliver a bold story in which readers get a glimpse into the mind of Superman's longtime foe.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,780,349 books! | Top bar: Always visible