The Diary of Virginia Woolf: Volume 2, 1920-1924

by Virginia Woolf

Other authors: Andrew McNeillie (Assistant)

Series: The Diary of Virginia Woolf (Volume 2)

New editions of the complete diaries of Virginia Woolf, with introductions by a stellar line-up of contemporary novelists

Reading these diaries has been one of the greatest reading experiences of my life. Really, there’s too many great aspects for me to list briefly. There’s all about Virginia who was such an extremely interesting person: troubled, conflicted, witty. Her diary writing is superb, a special genre in itself. Historically, one can learn about the society in which she lived...and on and on...I’m onward to Diary 3. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ( )
  joyfulmimi | Feb 25, 2020 |
Editor's Preface & Acknowledgements. Appendix I II III. Index. ( )
  kitchengardenbooks | Jun 5, 2015 |
Fascinating reading. Full of worldly worries, eg, business, the servants, too many visitors. Follows years of writing of Jacob's Room and A Common Reader. Many personal feelings and reactions to people, places and events included. I loved it, found it very rewarding. ( )
  annejacinta | Jul 10, 2014 |
A wonderful read as Virginia Woolf is never less than insightful and witty about her friends and more often herself.

This period saw her blossom as a writer of modern fiction with the publication of "Jacob's Room" and the writing of "Mrs. Dalloway". The period also covers the beginning of her close relationship with Vita Sackville-West.
  Chris_V | Jun 6, 2009 |

Woolf, Virginiaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
McNeillie, AndrewAssistantsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bell, Anne OlivierEditorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

To begin the year on the last pages of my old book - the few I've not torn off for letter writing - is all upside-down of course, but of a part with the character of the work.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,722,389 books! | Top bar: Always visible