dismiss

Gods of Jade and Shadow by Silvia…

Gods of Jade and Shadow (2019)

by Silvia Moreno-Garcia

Other authors: Daniel Pelavin (Cover artist)

"The Mayan God of Death sends a young woman on a harrowing, life-changing journey in this dark fairy tale inspired by Mexican folklore"--

Delightful and wonderful
  Shergenot | Mar 27, 2020 |
I read this book for a book club, and if it hadn't been for that I wouldn't have finished it. It took about 2/3rds of the book for me to be invested at all. I did like the last hundred pages or so, but to get to the point was a bit of a slog. It did have some interesting ideas and concepts, and I liked the romance, but ultimately it was underwhelming. ( )
  queenofthebobs | Jan 29, 2020 |
Basically a at its heart a quest novel, borrowing from Mayan mythology. An interesting amalgam. A girl, Casiopeia, helps a Mayan death god whose place as king has been usurped by his brother, to regain various body parts and a necklace. She undergoes a race with her cousin, Martin, down the "Black Road" to the Underworld and the god's palace. A change from the familiar European mythologies. ( )
  janerawoof | Jan 27, 2020 |
I adored this fresh, fast paced gem! A fairytale from the dark side, this story puts together an unlikely duo for a fantastical journey through Mayan Mythology. Set in 1920's Mexico, the multilayered story comes to life with enchanting characters and great dialogue. Some laugh out loud moments, a spark of romance and an underworld game of high stakes makes this book a great read. ( )
  Penny_L | Jan 11, 2020 |
A young girl accidentally releases a God from imprisonment and goes on a quest to locate his missing body parts. ( )
  baughga | Dec 18, 2019 |

Silvia Moreno-Garciaprimary authorall editionscalculated
Pelavin, DanielCover artistsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Para mis abuelas, Goyita y Rosa. Otros mundos, otros sueños.
Some people are born under a lucky star, while others have their misfortune telegraphed by the position of the planets.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 143,751,402 books! | Top bar: Always visible