Andrew Henry's Meadow by Doris Burn

Andrew Henry's Meadow

by Doris Burn

"Andrew Henry's Meadow" was in my childhood book collection. At that time I enjoyed it, but was also somewhat disappointed that it didn't accurately reflect what a child could build. As I got older, I appreciated the book for its imagination.
I'm glad the book has been republished, however my childhood version was a larger format that better conveyed the awesome illustrations. ( )
  VaterOlsen | May 11, 2017 |
An old childhood favorite, and it lives up to the passing of years! I love the idea behind this, what kid hasn't wanted to sneak off and create their own little city? I love how each house fits the oocupant, and the illustrations are simple and yet also complicated! I love it. ( )
  camelama | Dec 30, 2016 |
The story of some children's forts...what better subject for a story! ( )
  dayspring777 | Feb 22, 2016 |
Growing up, when Mom said it was time for bed and asked my brother and I what we wanted her to read, we each were allowed to pick out a book. Andrew Henry's Meadow was always a favorite choice of mine. When I had children of my own, I shared my own beloved copy of AHM.

My daughter and I were looking through the books we purchased tonight for my grandson and we began to talk about books that were her favorite when she was a young child. Andrew Henry's Meadow was one she loved as much as I did. Many years have passed since my days of reading/enjoying Andrew Henry's Meadow. I had forgotten about the wonderful illustrations and the amazing inventions that I had so loved as a little girl and in turn, read to my own.

Love that book and now I am on a mission to locate a NEW COPY for my grandson. Share it with your children. They WILL love it, too. ( )
  MaryEvelynLS | Jun 1, 2014 |
A reissue of a delightful story originally published in 1965 about a highly precocious, amazingly inventive young boy. ( )
  Sullywriter | Apr 3, 2013 |

Andrew Henry's Meadow by Doris Burn is a children's classic. This 40th Anniversary Edition will entertain children and adults alike. The creative antics of Andrew Henry Thatcher and his friends will inspire your imagination.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:56 -0400)

Andrew Henry is a young 'inventor' whose inventions drive his family to distraction. Feeling unloved, he sets out for a place where he can do as he pleases. After he finds a meadow, he builds a house for himself, and is soon joined by several other children.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,783,473 books! | Top bar: Always visible