13: Thirteen Stories That Capture the Agony and Ecstasy of Being Thirteen

by James Howe (Editor)

Other authors: Meg Cabot (Contributor), Bruce Coville (Contributor), Laura Godwin (Contributor), Maureen Ryan Griffin (Contributor), James Howe (Contributor)9 more, Ron Koertge (Contributor), Carolyn Mackler (Contributor), Ann M. Martin (Contributor), Stephen Roos (Contributor), Alex Sanchez (Contributor), Todd Strasser (Contributor), Rachel Vail (Contributor), Lori Aurelia Williams (Contributor), Ellen Wittlinger (Contributor)

1914110,168 (4.05)2
Contains thirteen short stories in which the authors explore what it is like to be thirteen, including selections by Bruce Coville, Meg Cabot, James Howe, and others.

Unfortunately Howe only wrote the introduction of this book so me setting out to read more of his work didn't get much from this book in particular, however his introduction was enough to make me want to read this book in my free time and will come back to it after I've read his others. Seems like it will keep me engaged just like "Totally Joe" did. I believe I've found my new favorite author, Dave Pelzer step aside. ( )
  MeganSchneider | Mar 3, 2017 |
The stories were cute, my favorite was Angel and Aly! That one I found very insightful. ( )
  JerseyGirl21 | Jan 24, 2016 |
Do you remember what it was like to be 13 years old? These 13 short stories will tell about the problems, drama, questions, and realities that young adults are facing. Decisions made in the stories are not always the best ones, but readers are given the chance to think about how they would handle the situation.

I would recommend this book to parents, teachers, and young adults to help each age group think about what is going on in a 13 year olds life. I liked some stories better than others, but the ones I did not care for will relate or spark a response by others. ( )
  lcole1 | Jun 6, 2010 |

Strasser, ToddContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Vail, RachelContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Williams, Lori AureliaContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Wittlinger, EllenContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
If thirteen is supposed to be an unlucky number...you would think a civilized society could come up with a way for us to skip it.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,285,036 books! | Top bar: Always visible