Great Job, Dad! by Holman Wang

Great Job, Dad!

by Holman Wang

322,897,842 (4.5)None

After reading Great Job, Mom! I felt it was only fair to read Great Job, Dad! to my grandaughter. She also enjoyed this one and thought it was funny for some reason. Her dad is a stay at home dad so I know he does a lot of the things in the book with his kids. Again, she didn't understand all the words such as chauffeur or computer engineer, but with the illustrations I was able to explain what each word meant. This is a celebration of fathers and all they do for their families besides their nine to five job. Each two-page spread has a gorgeous illustration and a two line stanza that is completed on the next page. The rhyming cadence is easy to read and makes for good pacing. The author includes some information in the back on how the illustrations are created. Each one is a work of art. If you have a child who is artistic, get them this book or its companion Great Job, Mom! to show them the art and allow them to learn about the process. I definitely recommend this to families as well and primary classrooms. The publisher generously provided me a copy of this book upon my request. The rating, ideas and opinions shared are my own. ( )
  Carlathelibrarian | Feb 5, 2019 |
This sweet story is a look at a father’s two job. Okay, only his at home job taking care of his kids. The rhymes are cute and sweet and the ‘illustrations’ are amazing. Plus, I love how in the end the author talks about how he gets his illustrations, and even introduces the reader to some of the techniques her uses. Pure gold. ( )
  LibrarianRyan | Jan 24, 2019 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Holman Wang's book Great Job, Dad! is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,483,808 books! | Top bar: Always visible