My Papi Has a Motorcycle (2019)

by Isabel Quintero, Zeke Peña (Illustrator)

"When Daisy Ramona zooms around her neighborhood with her papi on his motorcycle, she sees the people and places she's always known. She also sees a community that is rapidly changing around her"--

For 10 minutes I was a child again, immersed in the sounds, sights, smells, and thrills of an evening outside with my dad and/or mom. Just living in the now, an integral, recognized part of a community, rooted in a place. Everyone needs to exist in that feeling. Sure of who and where you are, with no other place to go but home and to bed.

This.

This book was magic. ( )
  OutOfTheBestBooks | Sep 24, 2021 |
This picture book tells the story of a little girl and her father and the rides they take on his motorcycle. As they ride through their town, they see familiar places and people along with some changes that have taken place. The story highlights hispanic culture and would be a good book to read for a community unit in elementary grades. Ultimately, the story is about the love between a father and a daughter and how even if the neighborhood changes, that love never will. ( )
  LauraCampbell7 | Jul 26, 2021 |
I really like this book because while it was an autobiography it was not a typical autobiography. It was fun to read and showed a lot of sentimental value to the reader and I think that is what made it such a powerful book. ( )
  Gabi154 | Apr 30, 2021 |
My Papi Has a Motorcycle is about a young girl, Daisy, who gets to see her hometown while riding on the back of her Papi's motorcycle. She recalls her favorite places and memories while spending time with her father after work. This book represents Latina/o culture through the lens of someone in that culture. This will be in my classroom to empower my Latina/o students. I would recommend this book for kindergarten through second grade.
  Elliemangan | Mar 9, 2021 |
This is a mid level elementary school book that can serve two purposes. The first one is to introduce people to mexican culture and then the second reason is to share a wholesome story about a kid and their dad. ( )
  cdtjomiller | Mar 8, 2021 |

Isabel Quinteroprimary authorall editionscalculated
Peña, ZekeIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Para mi apá. Para Corona. -I. Q.
In memory of my Pops, Richard Peña, the man who taught me to work with my hands. - Z. P.
My papi has a motorcycle.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 165,957,834 books! | Top bar: Always visible