dismiss

Oh, the Places You'll Go!

by Dr. Seuss

Advice in rhyme for proceeding in life; weathering fear, loneliness, and confusion; and being in charge of your actions.

English (353)  Dutch (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (355)
I don't remember a lot about this one, beyond the fact that I definitely read it as a kid.
  Tara_Calaby | Jun 22, 2020 |
Love it. ( )
  therebelprince | Apr 27, 2020 |
This book is one of my favorite children's books of all time. Teaching children while they are young that they choose their path in life is so important. This book not only teaches them that they are in charge of the path they take, but that there will be up and downs along the way. I have a copy of this book for each of my three children. I give it to their teachers at the end of the school year and ask them to sign it, and will give it to them as a graduation present when the time comes. ( )
  KayleeChism | Apr 24, 2020 |
Favorite Dr. Seuss book of all time. very encourging and exciting, would be a great "just for fun" book before writiers workshop. ( )
  CourtneyRay | Apr 20, 2020 |
"Oh the Places You'll Go" is one of my favorite books and great to be used at the end of a school year especially for students who are moving into a upper school, Junior High/Middle School. This book is filled with hopefulness and love for the future and as a future teacher, I would want my students to know how they mean to me and how I am so hopeful for the things they will be in their future. I give this book a 5 out of 5. ( )
  kvanputten | Apr 6, 2020 |
e auteur heeft ook hier weer een stevig absurd verhaal gecreëerd dat je meesleept doorheen zijn wondere wereld, waarin je van de ene verbazing in de andere valt.
Het vertelstandpunt vanuit het jongetje dwingt je tot kiezen en meeleven. Zo leidt dit boek ook tot reflecteren en vertalen naar je eigen, herkenbare wereld.
De tekst op rijm is doordacht geconstrueerd en leest vlot.
De fantasierijke woordenschat wekt verwondering op en dwingt respect af.
En doordat het hoogst absurde, quasi-nonsens-gehalte gelinkt blijft aan de herkenbare realiteit, verlies je nergens het spoor.
De fantasierijke prenten in ouderwets aandoende kleuren versterken de tekst en vice versa. Te gekke figuren met een grote beweeglijkheid en overduidelijke expressies loodsen je doorheen de absurde, eigengereide wereld van Dr. Seuss, waarin het goed vertoeven is.

This is a great inspirational story that gives children hope for the future. Great to use at the end of the year.
added by courtneyemahr | editCourtney E. Mahr

Dr. Seussprimary authorall editionscalculated
Lithgow, JohnNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Congratulations!
Today is your day.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 148,907,181 books! | Top bar: Always visible