HomeGroupsTalkExploreZeitgeist
Search Site
This site uses cookies to deliver our services, improve performance, for analytics, and (if not signed in) for advertising. By using LibraryThing you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your use of the site and services is subject to these policies and terms.
Hide this

Results from Google Books

Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.

Loading...

Oh, the Places You'll Go!

by Dr. Seuss

Other authors: See the other authors section.

MembersReviewsPopularityAverage ratingMentions
9,727364617 (4.34)68
Advice in rhyme for proceeding in life; weathering fear, loneliness, and confusion; and being in charge of your actions.
Loading...

Sign up for LibraryThing to find out whether you'll like this book.

No current Talk conversations about this book.

» See also 68 mentions

English (363)  Spanish (1)  All languages (364)
Showing 1-5 of 363 (next | show all)
This book is such an emotional book. Every time I read it I cry a little. It reminds me of all the things what we will do in our lives. This is an extremely easy read. I teach some kids I work with to read Dr. Seuss books, because most of the words are sight words. ( )
  MaryKitchens | Jun 28, 2022 |
I love this book because it is entertaining to children and allows them to use their imagination. This is a fun book for children. ( )
  srea96 | Jun 27, 2022 |
A whimsical book I read as a child. ( )
  Bookslesstravelled | Apr 15, 2022 |
Well, yes, I guess we'll go places if we just keep going. ( )
  quondame | Feb 27, 2022 |
I love this book; I believe it provides a powerful message to our children on how to advance and always work hard to successfully reach your goals. It mentions that you will find struggles, but it is ok and also part of the process to be successful. ( )
  karlah1 | Feb 8, 2022 |
Showing 1-5 of 363 (next | show all)
e auteur heeft ook hier weer een stevig absurd verhaal gecreëerd dat je meesleept doorheen zijn wondere wereld, waarin je van de ene verbazing in de andere valt.
Het vertelstandpunt vanuit het jongetje dwingt je tot kiezen en meeleven. Zo leidt dit boek ook tot reflecteren en vertalen naar je eigen, herkenbare wereld.
De tekst op rijm is doordacht geconstrueerd en leest vlot.
De fantasierijke woordenschat wekt verwondering op en dwingt respect af.
En doordat het hoogst absurde, quasi-nonsens-gehalte gelinkt blijft aan de herkenbare realiteit, verlies je nergens het spoor.
De fantasierijke prenten in ouderwets aandoende kleuren versterken de tekst en vice versa. Te gekke figuren met een grote beweeglijkheid en overduidelijke expressies loodsen je doorheen de absurde, eigengereide wereld van Dr. Seuss, waarin het goed vertoeven is.
 
This is a great inspirational story that gives children hope for the future. Great to use at the end of the year.
added by courtneyemahr | editCourtney E. Mahr
 

» Add other authors (16 possible)

Author nameRoleType of authorWork?Status
Dr. Seussprimary authorall editionscalculated
Lithgow, JohnNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
You must log in to edit Common Knowledge data.
For more help see the Common Knowledge help page.
Canonical title
Original title
Alternative titles
Original publication date
People/Characters
Important places
Important events
Related movies
Awards and honors
Epigraph
Dedication
First words
Congratulations!
Today is your day.
Quotations
Last words
(Click to show. Warning: May contain spoilers.)
Disambiguation notice
Publisher's editors
Blurbers
Original language
Canonical DDC/MDS
Canonical LCC

References to this work on external resources.

Wikipedia in English (1)

Advice in rhyme for proceeding in life; weathering fear, loneliness, and confusion; and being in charge of your actions.

No library descriptions found.

Book description
Haiku summary

Popular covers

Quick Links

Rating

Average: (4.34)
0.5
1 14
1.5 3
2 50
2.5 12
3 220
3.5 17
4 463
4.5 35
5 997

Is this you?

Become a LibraryThing Author.

 

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 172,012,513 books! | Top bar: Always visible