Miracles (1947)

by C. S. Lewis

"The central miracle asserted by Christians is the Incarnation. They say that God became Man. Every other miracle prepares the way for this, or results from this." This is the key statement of Miracles, in which C. S. Lewis shows that a Christian must not only accept but rejoice in miracles as a testimony of the unique personal involvement of God in his creation. Using his characteristic lucidity and wit to develop his argument, Lewis challenges the rationalists, agnostics, and deists on their own grounds and provides a poetic and joyous affirmation that miracles really do occur in our everyday lives.… (more)

WITHDRAWN: GIVEN TO KIMBERLEY TURNER SEPT. 2020
  misterehmuseseh | Sep 15, 2020 |
In the classic Miracles, C.S. Lewis, the most important Christian writer of the 20th century, argues that a Christian must not only accept but rejoice in miracles as a testimony of the unique personal involvement of God in his creation.
  StFrancisofAssisi | Mar 11, 2020 |
Great primer, but not a philosophical treatise. Lewis approaches the issue of miraculous activity and provides the categories to think of divine acts, not as violations of Nature but as supersessions of it. Chapter 3 outlines the kernel of what Plantinga has developed into the Evolutionary Argument Against Naturalism. Expect Lewis's signature conversational tone and illuminative metaphors, but don't look for technical precision or airtight argumentation. A great primer, but don't stop here.

Content: 3.5/5
Style: 5/5
Overall: 4.2/5

Assessment: highly recommend to someone new to the topic, experienced readers will find the style refreshing but the content shallow ( )
  ZacharyTLawson | Jul 10, 2019 |
  StFrancisofAssisi | Apr 28, 2019 |
This book is part of my C.S. Lewis collection. I went through a huge phase where I was just obsessed with anything and everything by him. While I don't agree with all of his theology, I do love his writing style and the things he has to say about faith. He was a good one. ( )
  justagirlwithabook | Jul 31, 2018 |

Lewis, C. S.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Rhind-Tutt, JulianNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Cecil and Daphne Harwood
In all my life I have met only one person who claims to have seen a ghost.

Ediciones Encuentro

2 editions of this book were published by Ediciones Encuentro.

Editions: 8474909937, 8474902789

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,214,138 books! | Top bar: Always visible