Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Where's Waldo? by Martin Handford

Where's Waldo?

by Martin Handford

English (26)  Catalan (1)  All languages (27)
Banned Book Week 2017. This year I'm reading a few picture books that have been challenged for their content, this one due to its depiction of sideboob in the beach scene.

Alas, the offending breast has been expunged in the edition I have actually read; the woman has been equipped with a securely fastened bikini top by the creator and/or publisher. Once again children have been protected from the scourge of rampaging mammaries.

Having counted Waldo as read, I now wonder does one truly read Waldo? I mean, there are a few words of introduction on each spread, but there is no story here. I diligently found Waldo and most of his friends hidden amongst the dozens of pantomime gags contained in each panorama, but in the end, counting it as read seems akin to counting a bound collection of crossword puzzles as read.

Mostly it made me want find my copy of [b:Aragones Mad Marginals|2363334|Aragones Mad Marginals|Sergio Aragonés|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1314640599s/2363334.jpg|3830324]. Now that guy knows how to do wordless humor. ( )
  villemezbrown | Jul 28, 2018 |
I would simply have this in any classroom no matter the grade as a book for them just to have fun with during their free time or after they have finished an assignment. It will help them with following directions.
  tylerschmitt | Mar 20, 2017 |
I would recommend with this book for first and second graders as an independent read because it will allow them to experience how to use their observing skills. With this book, I would have my students write a few descriptions about where and what they found around Waldo. I could also use this book with a kindergarten and first grade class and have them answer questions about what they see. I believe this would be a great introduction to observation skills for students that is introduced in a fun and interactive way. ( )
  Jbrochu | Feb 19, 2017 |
This book would be a great tool to use in all grades k-12. This book forces its readers to pay attention to detail and can be challenging. Students must learn how to look for key details and focus on small details. The images of the text are very intricate and show different scenes from around the world. The book is very relatable to students because Waldo is going on various trips and demonstrating independence. Students tend to like traveling and going to new places, just like Waldo, so they can appreciate his various journeys. I would utilize this text as an independent read for students because it will allow them to study the intricate details and focus on each page.
  jthodesen01 | Feb 17, 2017 |
Where's Waldo? can be used for all ages. Where's Waldo? could be used as an activity book for older ages 3rd through 5th grade. There are not much reading and it is difficult to find Waldo in the various places. The book could be a partner read for first or second graders. Finding Waldo can be difficult and they may work together to find him together. It is able to be an activity book, but can help team work and basic reading skills.
  MeredithCox | Feb 9, 2017 |

The reader follows Waldo as he hikes around the world and must try to find him in the illustrations of some of the crowded places he visits.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:49 -0400)

Candlewick Press

3 editions of this book were published by Candlewick Press.

Editions: 0763603104, 0763619205, 0763634980

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,475,418 books! | Top bar: Always visible