Where's Waldo?

by Martin Handford

Series: Where's Waldo (1)

The reader follows Waldo as he hikes around the world and must try to find him in the illustrations of some of the crowded places he visits.

English (28)  Catalan (1)  German (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (31)
Alle 5 Abenteuer des Weltreisenden "Walter" sind in diesem Buch vereinigt. Ab 9.
  Fredo68 | May 14, 2020 |
Where's Waldo? He's hiding on each busy page, along with some friends. Seek and find.
  JennyArch | Dec 14, 2019 |
Banned Book Week 2017. This year I'm reading a few picture books that have been challenged for their content, this one due to its depiction of sideboob in the beach scene.

Alas, the offending breast has been expunged in the edition I have actually read; the woman has been equipped with a securely fastened bikini top by the creator and/or publisher. Once again children have been protected from the scourge of rampaging mammaries.

Having counted Waldo as read, I now wonder does one truly read Waldo? I mean, there are a few words of introduction on each spread, but there is no story here. I diligently found Waldo and most of his friends hidden amongst the dozens of pantomime gags contained in each panorama, but in the end, counting it as read seems akin to counting a bound collection of crossword puzzles as read.

Mostly it made me want find my copy of [b:Aragones Mad Marginals|2363334|Aragones Mad Marginals|Sergio Aragonés|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1314640599s/2363334.jpg|3830324]. Now that guy knows how to do wordless humor. ( )
  villemezbrown | Jul 28, 2018 |
Always fun to search for Waldo, even 30 years later. Bonus page with more friends to search! ( )
  SWONclear | Nov 9, 2017 |
I would simply have this in any classroom no matter the grade as a book for them just to have fun with during their free time or after they have finished an assignment. It will help them with following directions.
  tylerschmitt | Mar 20, 2017 |

Belongs to Series

Candlewick Press

3 editions of this book were published by Candlewick Press.

Editions: 0763603104, 0763619205, 0763634980

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 171,863,147 books! | Top bar: Always visible