In confidence : Moscow's ambassador to American's six Cold War presidents (1995)

by Anatoly Dobrynin

Dobrynin, a close associate of U.S. presidents and Soviet premiers for 24 years, writes a first-hand account of both sides of the Cold War diplomatic struggle. "Informative, wise, even hilarious at times, with perceptive assessments of U.S. presidents."--Don Oberdorfer, diplomatic correspondent, The Washington Post.… (more)

I enjoyed this read, but it is not a true history. It is a more or less chronological compilation of Dobrynin's recollections from his time as Soviet Ambassador. Because there is no real narrative linkage to this book, I found that it was easy to pick up and put down again. I dnf'd it since I had to return it to the library, but I will ultimately probably buy a copy of this book and finish it that way where I can leave it on my shelf for a year and pick it up 20-50 pages at a time. ( )
  jeterat | May 17, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,930,582 books! | Top bar: Always visible