Jaguars Ripped My Flesh by Tim Cahill

Jaguars Ripped My Flesh

by Tim Cahill

The second collection of Cahill adventures that I've read, and I loved it. Reading most tales, I make a mental entry into my "things I never want to do" list, but reading about someone else doing it is fun and absorbing. ( )
  wdwilson3 | Jan 20, 2016 |
Wry, someone self-deprecating, and off on the most amazing adventures! Tim Cahill's essays are fun, exciting and intriguing.
  wareagle78 | Apr 3, 2014 |
Rollicking adventure travel, collected from various magazines which Cahill wrote for. Written in the 80's, some of his insights regarding Rwanda and what was about to happen there make me wonder why, exactly, no one was listening. Very well-written and hardly dated at all. ( )
  satyridae | Apr 5, 2013 |
library, adventure, stories, collection, outside, magazine ( )
  breic3 | Jan 29, 2012 |

The author of A Wolverine Is Eating My Leg and Pecked to Death by Ducks gives new meaning to the words "going to extremes" in this exhilarating--and frequently hilarious--collection of adventure travel writing. "Cahill . . . (writes) with the precision ofJohn McPhee and Joan Didion tempered by a Monty Pythonesque sense of the absurd."--San Diego Union-Tribune.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:02:33 -0400)

Around thirty short essays on the author's world travels.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,124,158 books! | Top bar: Always visible