Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them : A Fair and Balanced Look at the…

by Al Franken

Satirist Al Franken examines the political right, using their own words against them in taking on the pundits, the politicians, and the issues.

A humorous attack on the right wing writers and commentators such as Anne Coulter and Fox News ( )
  ritaer | Feb 21, 2021 |
Beyond excellent. Should be required reading with a signed affidavit before anyone is allowed to watch Fox News. ( )
  JohnKaess | Jul 23, 2020 |
Despite being nearly 15 years old, Al Franken's book reads like it is describing the world of today. This edition of the book has added a lot of material describing how many in the right-wing media reacted to those parts of the books where their lies are dissected. The focus on George W Bush and Karl Rove is useful since it shows that Donald Trump's lying behavior was also seen during the Bush administration.

Warning: People thinking of buying the e-book should be aware that my copy did not include any of the illustrations and omitted some of the key tables. ( )
1 vote M_Clark | Nov 7, 2017 |
A good book. Franken skewers most of the right wing nutjobs and does a great job. ( )
  annbury | Jul 4, 2017 |
I agree with Franken's points, but he doesn't make them very well. I'm not sure we need more vitrolic rhetoric in today's political debate. ( )
  wealhtheowwylfing | Feb 29, 2016 |
Franken proves himself to have a lethal capacity to deploy wit as a part of a wider political takedown. He does his homework (one can usually guess the Washington outfit that does it for him, such as Citizens for Tax Justice, but he always gives credit) and then, when he is sure he has caught Bill O’Reilly or Ann Coulter, he begins to slow himself down, give himself time, and really milk the kill. If it’s not laugh-out-loud funny, it’s still pretty good polemical journalism.

Although I wrote this book in a spirit of dispassionate inquiry, I cannot expect my critics to respond in kind. (A note from the author)
God chose me to write this book. (Introduction)
Asking whether there is a liberal or conservative bias to the mainstream media is a little like asking whether al Qaeda uses too much oil in their hummus.

HighBridge Audio

An edition of this book was published by HighBridge Audio.

HighBridge

An edition of this book was published by HighBridge.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,136,878 books! | Top bar: Always visible