Six critically acclaimed, bestselling, and award-winning authors bring the glowing warmth and electricity of Black teen love to this interlinked novel of charming, hilarious, and heartwarming stories that shine a bright light through the dark. A summer heatwave blankets New York City in darkness. But as the city is thrown into confusion, a different kind of electricity sparks... A first meeting.  Long-time friends.  Bitter exes.  And maybe the beginning of something new. When the lights go out, people reveal hidden truths. Love blossoms, friendship transforms, and new possibilities take flight. Beloved authors--Dhonielle Clayton, Tiffany D. Jackson, Nic Stone, Angie Thomas, Ashley Woodfolk, and Nicola Yoon--celebrate the beauty of six couples and the unforgettable magic that can be found on a sweltering starry night in the city.… (more)

English (11)  German (1)  All languages (12)
I liked the stories and how the different authors combined their writing styles to create a cohesive book. ( )
  jonahdog | Apr 2, 2022 |
"That’s the thing about finding the right person to love. When someone loves you, all their hang-ups don’t really mean much. Because loving that person is a choice you have to make every day, even when that day isn’t what you expect."

I love the way the stories were woven together in this anthogy-ish book. What a fun read! ( )
  bookbutterfly | Mar 31, 2022 |
This collection of Black teen love stories was fun and satisfying. Read my full review here. ( )
  joyblue | Jan 20, 2022 |
Clever book that makes you forget that it is written by different authors because it links the characters through brothers and sisters and residents of an old people's home when the electricity goes out in New York City one hot Summer's evening. People are left to find their way to check in on those they care about, people are trying to get to a big party whether as guests or as acts (DJs) and all the stories intertwine in the darkness as people move across the city anyway they can aby walking and also by the buses and cars that are still moving although there are no traffic lights.
I guess the point of the intertwined stories is to show how small the world really is - we all know someone who knows someone that knows us - and despite our differences , can pull together when times are difficult.
Some language
Reviewed for VPRC ( )
  nicsreads | Jan 16, 2022 |
Fun, easy, cute read. I really wish I had more time though with each of the characters. ( )
  KimZoot | Jan 2, 2022 |

Clayton, Dhonielleprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Jackson, Tiffany Dmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Stone, Nicmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Thomas, Angiemain authorall editionsconfirmed
Woodfolk, Ashleymain authorall editionsconfirmed
Yoon, Nicolamain authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 171,531,659 books! | Top bar: Always visible