Rex Libris Volume 1: I, Librarian by James…

Rex Libris Volume 1: I, Librarian (2007)

by James Turner

2871939,220 (3.64)9

I really wanted to like this but I just didn't. Too pulpy? Too masculine? Too many words? I don't know, but alas, it was not everything I wanted it to be. ( )
  jen.e.moore | Oct 3, 2014 |
It's the story that saved this one. The story is really good, the humour is magnificent & the characters are so interesting. The graphics, however, because computer-based, are not to my liking. There are good things about the graphics, & I think they would have been terrific if hand-drawn. It's worth contuining simply because I love the story, though. The extras in the back of this one were awesome, & some of them appear to be good, real illustrations. I really like this series. Super-inspiration for becoming a librarian! Grad school, here I come! ( )
  mvbdlr | Aug 2, 2014 |
Don't mess with Rex Libris! Get your books in on time! ( )
  RottenArsenal | Jul 28, 2014 |
Yay! a graphic novel for bookworms! it's hilarious and full of scholarly refs and jokes. its only fault (at least in perfect bound book form) is the print is way too small for the reading glasses-dependent crowd (which would be a big demographic for this book...) ( )
  CSRodgers | May 3, 2014 |
A decent romp around with a intergalactic librarian adventurer, although I did feel like his other comic Nil was a lot better. ( )
  swampygirl | Dec 9, 2013 |
Welcome, adventurous reader, to the first issue of Rex Libris, public librarian. Here you will find, for the first time in print ever, the tumultous tales of the public library system and its unending battle against the forces of evil.
Thoth shall have a muffin and it shall be blueberry! So Thoth commands!
You boys are welcome to stay and read quietly until you dissipate. But no trying to burn down the library after I leave!
Oh, thank St. Laurence! A librarian!

The astonishing story of the incomparable Rex Libris, Head Librarian at Middleton Public Library. From ancient Egypt, where his beloved Hypatia was murdered, to the farthest reaches of the galaxy in search of overdue books, Rex upholds his vow to fight the forces of ignorance and darkness. Wearing his super thick bottle glasses and armed with an arsenal of high technology weapons, he strikes fear into recalcitrant borrowers, and can take on virtually any foe from zombies to renegade literary characters.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,476,466 books! | Top bar: Always visible