Rex Libris Volume One: I, Librarian (Rex…

Rex Libris Volume One: I, Librarian (Rex Libris) (2007)

by James Turner

280None40,193 (3.66)9

A decent romp around with a intergalactic librarian adventurer, although I did feel like his other comic Nil was a lot better. ( )
  Zabeth | Dec 9, 2013 |
The outrageous adventures of the interplanetary-traveling, dimension-jumping exploits of a pistol-packing, two-fisted, immortal librarian. Ridiculous fun. ( )
  Sullywriter | Apr 3, 2013 |
Amusing if you are a librarian, but nothing amazing. ( )
  toxictoast96 | Aug 6, 2012 |
Rex is the Head Librarian at Middleton Public library. But Middleton...isn't your average library. And Rex isn't your average librarian. Rex is an immortal librarian, beginning his training back in the great ancient Library of Alexandria. And Middleton serves patrons from all over the universe and all manner of creatures. Rex uses every resource at his disposal to get Warlords to return their overdue books and pay their fines. Joining him in his adventures are the Head of the Library Thoth (the ancient god), Quagis, and Circe.

It isn't too often that you get to see a book that features a librarian as a hero (yes there are a few, but there far and few in between.) So as a librarian I was glad to stumble across Rex and his merry band and see how they dealt with patrons from across the universe (I made sure to take notes on how to defeat demon spirits.) The story is great fun, easy to read, and easy to get into (and you don't have to be a librarian to enjoy it.) There's a little bit of something for everyone in this book. My one complaint is the lettering gets a bit tiring to read after a while. Otherwise sit back and enjoy the adventure. ( )
  zzshupinga | Sep 18, 2011 |
Look, I am going to be a sucker for any story about the secret society of super-powered librarians who patrol the interdimensional worlds deep in the stacks (and also enforce overdue fines). I just am. This one actually does live up to the premise, too!

Let's put it this way: I read it depsite the fact that I despise the art. And it takes a *lot* to get me to read a comic when I despise the art. (It is very blocky, obviously computer-generated vector art. Comics art should not be vector-based. Or computer generated. Just shouldn't.) ( )
  melannen | Oct 4, 2010 |
Welcome, adventurous reader, to the first issue of Rex Libris, public librarian. Here you will find, for the first time in print ever, the tumultous tales of the public library system and its unending battle against the forces of evil.
Thoth shall have a muffin and it shall be blueberry! So Thoth commands!
You boys are welcome to stay and read quietly until you dissipate. But no trying to burn down the library after I leave!
Oh, thank St. Laurence! A librarian!

Wearing his super thick bottle glasses, & armed with high technology weapons, Rex Libris strikes fear into recalcitrant borrowers. In this first collection, Rex must confront the Space Warlord Vaglox & retrieve the overdue Principia Mathematica while an energy manifestation of Vandals attempt to burn the library down.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,412,757 books! | Top bar: Always visible