HomeGroupsTalkExplore

Ascender, Volume 4: Star Seed

by Jeff Lemire, Dustin Nguyen (Illustrator)

Series: Ascender (15-18)

The epic space fantasy saga from creators JEFFLEMIRE and DUSTIN NGUYEN that began in the pages of DESCENDERcomes to a spectacular conclusion! AsMother ral-lies her forces to wipe out the resistance, our heroes meet an oldfriend who reveals the untold secrets of the universe. With the fate of allthings handing in the balance, who will remain standing when the forces of magicand technology collide? Collects ASCENDER#15-18… (more)

I feel like this is what happens when authors run out of inspiration and interest and finish a series just for the sake of having it over and done with.

I absolutely loved the Descender series, and was excited for the continuation of the story in Ascender. Throughout the sequel series I've liked it less than it's predecessor, but I felt like the third volume had a little hope for a proper finish. However, this one fell completely flat for me.

I love the characters, but I feel like they were done pretty dirty in this one. No resepct for the individual character arcs, just using them to further the mediocre plot to it's lukewarm finish.

When I re-read Descender, I'll pretend the story ended where it ended, and none of this space magic nonsense ever came about. ( )
  tuusannuuska | Dec 1, 2022 |

Jeff Lemireprimary authorall editionscalculated
Nguyen, DustinIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Ascender (15-18)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 182,949,916 books! | Top bar: Always visible