A House for Hermit Crab by Eric Carle

A House for Hermit Crab (1987)

by Eric Carle

3,420862,367 (4.19)5
Recently added byWFS, AnaBotello, Manijo, MahanLibrary

Eric Carle has written and illustrated many children's books. This one is a story of moving homes, saying goodbye, and meeting new friends, with fun information about marine life.. Information from back cover..
Recommended for ages 4 to 8.
  uufnn | Aug 29, 2018 |
“A House for Hermit Crab” was written by Eric Carle. In this story, a hermit crab is looking for a house, because when he doesn’t have a house he will be eaten by sea animals! I like this book because there are sea snails, and the picture of the sea snails is interesting and beautiful. I think I should send this book to my friend because this book has beautiful colors and it is a sweet story. I give this book five out of five stars! - Heechan Yang, Tulip Class, February 2018
  RIS_Kids_Academy | Feb 21, 2018 |
This is a good book for teaching about the science of growth of a hermit crab and how it must change shells as it grows. Telling the crabs story of how he made his shell/house into a beautiful home for temporary period of time is an effective way of telling children how hermit crabs live, while at the same time introducing other species that live in the ocean and how they offer protection from different dangers that are found in the sea. ( )
  efrenc2 | Sep 27, 2017 |
For my son, Rolf
"Time to move," said Hermit Crab one day in January.

A hermit crab who has outgrown his old shell moves into a new one, which he decorates and enhances with the various sea creatures he meets in his travels. Poor Hermit Crab! He's outgrown his snug little shell and has to find a new home. And he does, with help from some friends who make the move less scary. Children facing change in their own lives will relate to Hermit Crab's story-and learn a lot about the fascinating world of marine life along the way.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:28 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,561,059 books! | Top bar: Always visible