A House for Hermit Crab (1987)

by Eric Carle

A hermit crab who has outgrown his old shell moves into a new one, which he decorates and enhances with the various sea creatures he meets in his travels.

Good fun, and far more optimistic than I remembered. ( )
  wetdryvac | Mar 2, 2021 |
I listened to this book on Epic! It was a good listen to learn about a little hermit crab and how he has to search for a new shell because he grew out of his sold one. I find hermit crabs really cool since they are able to just transfer their bodies into different shells whenever they feel like it. My bestfriend used to have a pet hermit carb and she gave it multiple shells to choose which one it liked the best and it was so weird to see it switch shells.
  mackenziemitchell | Oct 3, 2020 |
ocean, ocean animals
  EvergreenComm | Aug 20, 2020 |
A HOUSE FOR A HERMIT CRAB tells the very cute story of a hermit crab who has grown out of his old shell. In finding a new one, he meets tiny sea creatures to decorate his shell with along the way as he carries on across the ocean floor. I thought this was such a cute story and love Carle's overall attention to detail in natures smallest creatures. ( )
  hmolay | Apr 27, 2020 |
  NMiller22 | Aug 2, 2019 |
For my son, Rolf
"Time to move," said Hermit Crab one day in January.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 157,877,463 books! | Top bar: Always visible