The Heart of the Buddha's Teaching: Transforming Suffering into Peace,… (1998)

by Thích Nhất Hạnh

In The Heart of the Buddha's Teaching, Thich Nhat Hanh brings his gift of clear and poetic expression to an explanation of the Four Noble Truths, the Noble Eightfold Path, and other basic Buddhist teachings. Thich Nhat Hanh's extraordinary contribution to Buddhism and to life is the way he makes these teachings and practices accessible to everyone, showing us how the very suffering that is holding us down can be the path to our liberation.… (more)

English (15)  French (1)  All languages (16)
With poetry and clarity, Thich Nhat Hanh imparts comforting wisdom about the nature of suffering and its role in creating compassion, love, and joy – all qualities of enlightenment.

In The Heart of the Buddha’s Teaching, now revised with added material and new insights, Nhat Hanh introduces us to the core teachings of Buddhism and shows us that the Buddha’s teachings are accessible and applicable to our daily lives.
  Langri_Tangpa_Centre | Feb 23, 2021 |
Well meaning with brief moments of insight, but largely tedious. It felt like an endless amount of lists and repetitive phrasings. I really tried to give this text every benefit of the doubt, but I kept putting it down in boredom. There are better ways to teach than this pedantic method. Perhaps the monk is a better speaker than writer? ( )
  ProfH | Dec 29, 2020 |
The author imparts wisdom about the nature of suffering and its role in creating compassion, love, and joy – all qualities of enlightenment. He introduces us to the core teachings of Buddhism and shows us that the Buddha’s teachings are accessible and applicable to our daily lives covering such significant teachings as the Four Noble Truths, the Noble Eightfold Path, the Three Doors of Liberation, the Three Dharma Seals, and the Seven Factors of Awakening.
  PAFM | Oct 6, 2020 |
In The Heart of the Buddha’s Teaching, now with added material and new insights, Thich Nhat Hanh introduces us to the core teachings of Buddhism and shows us that the Buddha’s teachings are accessible and applicable to our daily lives. With poetry and clarity, Nhat Hanh imparts comforting wisdom about the nature of suffering and its role in creating compassion, love, and joy – all qualities of enlightenment. Covering such significant teachings as the Four Noble Truths, the Noble Eightfold Path, the Three Doors of Liberation, the Three Dharma Seals, and the Seven Factors of Awakening, The Heart of the Buddha’s Teaching is a radiant beacon on Buddhist thought for the initiated and uninitiated alike.
  PSZC | Dec 30, 2019 |
Some good insights mixed with 80% drivel. ( )
1 vote travelster | Feb 13, 2019 |
Buddha was not a god.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 165,920,248 books! | Top bar: Always visible