The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest by…

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest (2007)

by Stieg Larsson

Series: Millennium (3)

The Messenger by Daniel Silva (jakemass48)
    Betrayal by Karin Alvtegen (tina1969)
    tina1969: Another swedish author who works has been translated.
    The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson (KayCliff)
    The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (whymaggiemay)
    whymaggiemay: Though written for YA readers, these books have the same feeling of urgency while reading.

English (565)  Dutch (19)  Spanish (12)  Swedish (8)  French (8)  Italian (6)  Danish (5)  Norwegian (4)  Catalan (4)  German (4)  Finnish (2)  Hungarian (1)  Hebrew (1)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  All languages (641)
Such a good ending to this trilogy (I don't count the books written after Larsson's death. It's not by him, so I don't consider it a part of the real series.)! All the loose ends were tied up beautifully and I found myself satisfied by what happened for the most part.

Can't say too much because my best friend is currently reading this book. But it is definitely worth reading! ( )
  kat_the_bookcat | Feb 7, 2019 |
The final book of the Millenium trilogy came to a climax. I could not put it down! There were so many ups and downs and plot twists to the story. I loved the court room at the end. I am not much of a spy thriller kind of person, but since I was invested in the characters I was able to go through this.
I do not like information pages long though, and I must admit I skimmed through quite a bit. ( )
  Nadishka | Jan 26, 2019 |
The best of the three! ( )
  rmarcin | Jan 22, 2019 |
História interessante
  Silviajsmfs | Jan 18, 2019 |
I have to admit that I struggled with this book, the final book in the Millennium Trilogy. There was a large amount of political description making the book very cumbersome to the average reader. But I felt that I wanted to see it through in order to discover the fate of the very unique "heroine" named Lisbeth Salander. ( )
  Rdglady | Nov 20, 2018 |
The tension builds relentlessly as backstories morph into intriguing subplots, threats to the very core of Swedish democracy are uncovered, men in positions of authority continue to abuse their power, and Salander and Blomkvist continue to fight for justice in their different, inimitable styles
added by 4leschats | editBookPage, Sukey Howard (Jun 1, 2010)

Larsson was a cerebral, high-minded activist and self-proclaimed feminist who happened to have a God-given gift for pulse-racing narrative. It’s this offbeat combination of attributes — imagine if John Grisham had prefaced his writing career not by practicing law in Mississippi but by heading up the Stockholm office of Amnesty International — that has made the series such a sui generis smash.

Still—bad writing is hardly a barrier to success in this genre. A good plot can run right over pages and pages of bad writing. And if there is a bad plot, or an incomprehensible one, great writing can always go around it. By these standards, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest is a failure. No one should read this book for its plot or its prose.
added by Shortride | editSlate, Michael Newman (May 24, 2010)

The best features of Larsson's books are lively, intricately improbable plots. These, however, are set forth in a banal style that demonstrates no more than minimal skills when it comes to most of his characterizations and descriptive writing. It sometimes seems that Larsson's interest in novelistic detail begins and ends with the contents of a sandwich that one of his characters makes before dashing out on some potentially dangerous errand.

Cutting nimbly from one story line to another, Larsson does an expert job of pumping up suspense while credibly evoking the disparate worlds his characters inhabit, from the coldblooded bureaucracy of the Security Police to the underground slacker-hacker world of Salander and her friends, from the financially stressed newsroom Erika inherits to the intensive care unit of the hospital where Salander and Zalachenko are recuperating.

Larsson, Stiegprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Lexell, MartinTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ortega Román, Juan JoséTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Reichlin, SaulReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Vance, SimonNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
It is estimated that some six hundred women served during the American Civil War.
Sometimes the title is written with the apostrophe (') after the s, e.g. Hornets' instead of Hornet's.

Salander is plotting her revenge - against the man who tried to kill her, and against the government institutions that very nearly destroyed her life. But it is not going to be a straightforward campaign. After taking a bullet to the head, Salander is under close supervision in Intensive Care, and is set to face trial for three murders and one attempted murder on her eventual release. With the help of journalist Mikael Blomkvist and his researchers at Millennium magazine, Salander must not only prove her innocence, but identify and denounce the corrupt politicians that have allowed the vulnerable to become victims of abuse and violence. Once a victim herself, Salander is now ready to fight back.

If and when Lisbeth Salander recovers, she'll be taken back to Stockholm to stand trial for three murders. With the help of her friend, journalist Mikael Blomkvist, she will not only have to prove her innocence, but also identify and denounce those in authority who have allowed the vulnerable, like herself, to suffer abuse and violence. And, on her own, she will plot revenge--against the man who tried to kill her, and the corrupt government institutions that very nearly destroyed her life.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,088,465 books! | Top bar: Always visible