Tris’s Book by Tamora Pierce

Tris versus Pirates, even the thought scares me. You don't mess with mages, especially Tris. ( )
  mariahsidhe | May 12, 2016 |
Tris is fat, unloved, and far too magically gifted for anyone's comfort. But the recent earthquakes (from [b:Sandry's Book|58889|Sandry's Book (Circle of Magic, #1)|Tamora Pierce|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1328860148s/58889.jpg|1142894]) have weakened the duchy's defenses, and Tris's half-controlled weather magic might be their last protection against a pirate fleet.

Everything about Tris is wonderfully specific and unique, from the way she prices every object she sees to her complicated feelings about her cousin. She's her own person, and discovering all her little nooks and crannies is really interesting. Even more so is the pirate invasion--Pierce writes battles and describes magic in the most exciting, engaging, completely enthralling way. This book was a huge improvement on the first book in the series, and it just gets better from here. ( )
  wealhtheowwylfing | Feb 29, 2016 |
love this series!! ( )
  katieloucks | Feb 26, 2016 |
The second in the Circle of Magic Quartet. I'm finding these books to be ok, but the younger protagonists are a little frustrating for me. To be honest, I miss the bits of romantic intrigue like in the Song of the Lioness Quartet or the Immortals. ( )
  chessakat | Feb 5, 2016 |
I zoomed through this and grabbed the next one ( )
  ewillse | Jan 18, 2016 |

Tamora Pierceprimary authorall editionscalculated
Albano, UrsulaCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Schoenherr, IanMapssecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
TheronCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Watkins, LiselotteCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Tim,
my default imagination and dedicated plot rescue
system, who helps me get it on paper in the first
place and puts up with me when I didn't get it well,
and to Richard McCaffery Robinson,
who steers me through matters nautical
with a keen eye for squalls and shoals,
not to mention for the errors of a sea-scribing novice.
She was pressed - jammed, really - into a corner formed by chunks of stone.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0590554093, Mass Market Paperback)

Part of the 8-book Tamora Pierce reissue for Fall 2006, this title in the Circle of Magic quartet features spellbinding new cover art. Coincides with the release of WILL OF THE EMPRESS in trade pb.

Four elements of power, four mages-in-training learning to control them. In Book 2 of the Circle of Magic Quartet, earthquake damage has left Winding Circle vulnerable to pirate attack and Tris, Briar, Daja, and Sandry are working with the community to strengthen their defenses. When the pirate onslaught begins, two things become terribly clear: The pirates have a powerful new weapon--and they have an accomplice within Winding Circle. But they've failed to anticipate the fury of a young mage who has been betrayed once too often, and who has very stubborn, very loyal friends....

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:28 -0400)

With the defenses of Winding Circle Temple seriously weakened by an earthquake, Tris and her fellow sages-in-training try to join their different magic powers to protect the Winding Circle community from a pirate attack.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,540,249 books! | Top bar: Always visible