Marcus Aurelius and His Times by Walter J.…

Marcus Aurelius and His Times (1945)

by Walter J. Black (Editor), Walter J. Black (Editor)

Other authors: Irwin Edman (Introduction), Saint Martyr Justin (Contributor), of Samosata. Lucian (Contributor), Marcus Aurelius (Contributor), Walter Pater (Contributor)

I own a copy of the 1945 Classics Club, "Marcus Aurelius and His Times." I'm reporting here that I finished reading the first part of the book, "Meditations." It's not easy reading. Often I read the same section or page more than once to see if I would get a better understanding with a second reading. ( )
  MrDickie | May 31, 2015 |
(of the Meditations only) Philosophy, well written and simple. I enjoyed it. ( )
  questbird | Oct 6, 2013 |
My father had the entire Classics Club series in the family library. My earliest reading memories are from this series, from around 1963 on. After his death in 1973, the books were divided up, and this one came with me.
  bamajasper53 | Oct 3, 2013 |
Book Description: Walter J Black Classics Club 1945. Copyright 1945 Walter J Black Classics Club NY No Print Date (No Dust Jacket) Book Good Cond Hard Back.

Light brown linen covered boards are barely bumped. In excellent shape. Gold lettering over maroon oval on cover and gold lettering over maroon and black bands. End papers in very good shape. Interior clean, crisp, and bright with a tight binding.
  Czrbr | Jun 7, 2010 |
These writings are the reflections of a man in a position of great power. Yet he revelas himself as a man possessed of human frailties and vulnerabilities and certainly not one who is over proud or consumed with his high status. Instead, his goal is to be a good man. His ordinariness is more important to him than acclaim as an emperor. His thoughts inspire and challenge me to be a better person. His strength and simplicity are models to emulate. ( )
  AlexTheHunn | Oct 11, 2007 |

Black, Walter J.Editorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Black, Walter J.Editormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Edman, IrwinIntroductionsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Justin, Saint MartyrContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Lucian, of Samosata.Contributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Marcus AureliusContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Pater, WalterContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,086,097 books! | Top bar: Always visible