Family Driven Faith: Doing What It Takes to Raise Sons and Daughters Who Walk with God

by Voddie Baucham, Jr.

This bold book is an urgent call to parents--and the church--to return to biblical discipleship in and through the home.

Fantastic! Every Christian parent must read! ( )
  NHansen | Mar 25, 2024 |
Must-read for every Christian family. ( )
  grammarofgrace | Dec 1, 2021 |
Essential take on faith, family & church. ( )
  leandrod | Oct 4, 2017 |
Fabulous book, which encapsulates what my husband and I have been wishing to achieve in our home for quite some time: time for quality family worship. Baucham raises points, both from the Bible and from polling groups, which families must seriously consider if they expect to grow their church and grow their own faith. My husband preached a sermon based on the underlying message of the book, which is that fathers must lead their homes in daily worship, and several people have already asked for a copy and are looking for ways to integrate that kind of thinking into their spiritual journey. Great book for families seeking to draw closer to God and each other. ( )
  silva_44 | Feb 10, 2010 |
A very good book on a serious issue - why children of Christians are leaving the church in droves when they grow up. I completely agree with Dr. Baucham's premise that the responsibility is solely in the hands of the parents, and the family and the church needs to change the way it does business.

However, knowing that Dr. Baucham is a theologian, I was surprised at the lack of Scriptural support for his arguments. I think it would have been a book I could have passed along to my church leadership if not for that lack. ( )
  pro3128 | Jul 30, 2009 |

More teens are turning away from the faith than ever before — yet God’s Word provides the answer. In Family Driven Faith, Dr.Voddie Baucham identifies timeless precepts and principles from Scripture for raising our sons and daughters to stand firm in a post-Christian society.

God has not left parents alone in raising godly children, but has given us valuable and timeless precepts in His Word for successful training, if parents will only take the time to study and learn from the Heavenly Father.

Drawing from Deuteronomy 6 and other passages, Dr. Baucham explains the power of family-centered discipleship, demonstrating how the day-to-day training of our children can lay the groundwork for multi-generational faithfulness.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 204,621,023 books! | Top bar: Always visible