My Five Senses (1962)

by Aliki

A simple presentation of the five senses, demonstrating some ways we use them.

Reading level: Prek-3
  Cassandraann1221 | Nov 23, 2021 |
A restaurant critic relates the story of a chicken who mysteriously appeared in his back yard one day--in Queens, New York.
  BLTSbraille | Oct 18, 2021 |
How do you learn what the world is like? Through your five senses! Every sound, taste, smell, sight, and touch helps kids to discover something new.
  BLTSbraille | Sep 20, 2021 |
This informational text by Aliki is learning the five senses, what they are and what using them is like. The illustration is bold and obvious for the information it is getting across. Kids will enjoy the examples used and will be ready to participate in sharing how they use their five senses. This is a cute to the point book to help teach about the five senses. ( )
  AmySullivan | Jan 23, 2021 |
As a book, I thought this book was just okay. As a teaching tool, I think this is a great book to teach children about the five senses! It does a good job teaching what the purpose of each sense is. A person uses their sense of taste-to-taste things like food and a sense of smell to smell a rose. The book is very descriptive and has illustrations that accompany the words. Tit’s a great way to show how multiple senses can be used at once and that you’re sense make you aware. This is a book that I would use in a Science unit about the five senses. I used this book in one of my lesson plans; I created a hands on activity. I had the children experiment with the senses by passing out fruit, and then had them make a collage representing one of the five senses. This can be used as a multi-part lesson, read over and over again, working on a sense a day! ( )
  krichard | Apr 29, 2020 |
for my sister, Helen Lambros
I can see!

A simple presentation of the five senses, demonstrating some ways we use them.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,143,127 books! | Top bar: Always visible