My Little Golden Book About God by Jane…

My Little Golden Book About God

by Jane Werner Watson

Other authors: Eloise Wilkin (Illustrator)

Series: Little Golden Books

A great way to help young children begin to understand who God is and what He is capable of. I love that the illustrations are basic but coincide nicely with the text presented. It leaves enough information open ended to allow parents or teachers to have discussions about personal beliefs. If I were to teach a lesson based on this book, I would have them create a picture of what they think God looks like. I would have skin tone paints and markers available to create the face. I would also have various materials like yarn, shredded paper or paper for shredding to make hair. I would also have materials like felt and scrap fabric for clothing. ( )
  SheriVillaman | Mar 26, 2013 |
A gentle introduction to God. ( )
  hoosgracie | Jun 11, 2010 |
I wasn't very happy with this book, it's only a regurgitation of mindless Christian dogma.
  christoa | Dec 5, 2008 |
ISBN 0307203123 – 3 stars. I’m a huge fan of Golden Books, and not a fan at all of religion, so I was curious to see how the two would go together. I’m surprised to say they work together nicely here. Sturdy board book pages are nice and the medium size of the book is good for small hands. The illustrations by Eloise Wilkin are mostly pleasant, kind of boring, although some are stand-out excellent.

From “God is Good”, through to “God is Love”, this small book attempts to introduce your child to the higher power you, presumably, believe in and wish to share. It explains, in a basic sense, who and what God is, in terms simple enough for young children.

While religious parents will enjoy the idea of sharing this little gem with their children, you should know that if you’re a strict believer in the bible and the “created in seven days” idea, this book may contradict your beliefs with “Think of the snow-capped mountains. Those peaks were crumbling away with age before the first people lived on earth.” For those whose religious beliefs are more open, this really is a nice book that’s pretty basic. The text is too long for most of the intended audience of most board books (toddlers) and might be more appropriate for older kids who wouldn’t want to be caught with a “baby book”.

- AnnaLovesBooks
1 vote AnnaLovesBooks | Aug 11, 2008 |
God is great; made everything; and is always there. Good pictures and easy to read.
  KBCLibrary | Jul 27, 2008 |

Watson, Jane Wernerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Eloise WilkinIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 030702105X, Hardcover)

Book Details:Format: HardcoverPublication Date: 11/15/2000Pages: 24Reading Level: Age 3 and Up

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:36:18 -0400)

Tells of God's creation and of his special love for children.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,745,987 books! | Top bar: Always visible