Deadhouse Gates

by Steven Erikson

Series: Malazan Book of the Fallen (2), World of Malaz (Book of the Fallen 2), Malazan Chronology (8)

In the vast dominion of Seven Cities, in the Holy Desert Raraku, the seer Sha’ik and her followers prepare for the long-prophesied uprising named the Whirlwind. Unprecedented in its size and savagery, this maelstrom of fanaticism and bloodlust will embroil the Malazan Empire in one of the bloodiest conflicts it has ever known, shaping destinies and giving birth to legends. Set in a brilliantly realized world ravaged by dark, uncontrollable magic, this thrilling novel of war, intrigue and betrayal confirms Steven Erikson as a storyteller of breathtaking skill, imagination and originality, a new master of epic fantasy. From the Paperback edition.… (more)

English (78)  Spanish (1)  Slovak (1)  All languages (80)
2nd in the series and I am hooked. Although huge cast of characters is sometimes hard to follow, Erickson helps out with a list of them in front and a glossary in the rear. I find this series Toilken Meets Harry Potter and am loving it ( )
  JBroda | Sep 24, 2021 |
I think the place these books succeed is at the very end. For the majority of the read I find myself confused, bored, and really not connected to the characters at all. Then Steven Erikson slaps me around with a solid ending with great pacing and a series of cliffhangers that makes me want to go through it all again. I feel like an abused lover. ( )
  jamestomasino | Sep 11, 2021 |
A different continent, a different kind of story, and the world grows bigger, deeper, and more complex. Just a few characters from the first book in the series, plus many new ones. Grimmer than the first, and a little GRRM-y, in that terrible things happen to good people, who thereby become terrible themselves. ( )
  JohnNienart | Jul 11, 2021 |
Steven Erikson is improving at making characters live and breath along with the world he is forming around them. I am coming to the conclusion this is a series of books that will live or die on whether it works as a whole, rather than its individual cogs. ( )
  illmunkeys | Apr 22, 2021 |
Another doorstopper. ( )
  Jon_Hansen | Jan 12, 2021 |

Steven Eriksonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Desert Isle DesignCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Drummond, J. K.Cover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Stone, SteveCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wat u ziet op de besmeurde lijn
Waar u de horizon weet,
Dat niet kan worden uitgewist
Door uw geheven hand?

De Bruggenbranders
-Toc de Jongere
This novel is dedicated to two gentlemen:
David Thomas, Jr.,
who welcomed me to England
with an introduction to a certain agent, and

Patrick Walsh,
the agent he introduced me to.
There has been a lot of faith shown over the years,
and I thank you both.
He came shambling into Judgment's Round from the Avenue of Souls, a misshapen mass of flies.
For the German-language version of the series 'Das Spiel der Götter', this book was split into two volumes - 'Das Reich der Sieben Städte' (2000), ISBN 3-442-24941-4 and 'Im Bann der Wüste' (2000) ISBN 3-442-24940-6.
Please do not combine these works.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,101,717 books! | Top bar: Always visible