Preaching & Preachers

by D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones

2,03866,233 (4.51)None
"Some may object to my dogmatic assertions; but I do not apologize for them. Every preacher should believe strongly in his own method; and if I cannot persuade all of the rightness of mine, I can at least stimulate them to think and to consider other possibilities. I can say quite honestly that I would not cross the road to listen to myself preaching, and the preachers whom I have enjoyed most have been very different indeed in their method and style. But my business is not to describe them but to state what I believe to be right, however imperfectly I have put my own precepts into practice. I can only hope that the result will be of some help, and especially to young preachers called to this greatest of all tasks, and especially in these sad and evil times. With many others I pray that 'The Lord of the harvest may thrust forth' many mighty preachers to proclaim 'the unsearchable riches of Christ!'"… (more)

This is by far, one of the best books ever written by anyone on the subject of preaching. D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones was one of the most superb preachers of all time and his teaching about preaching is hard to match. I do not believe it can be surpassed. It certainly cannot by anyone today. This book is absolutely invaluable for learning to declare the Word of God. I wish everyone who calls the Name of God would read Lloyd-Jones writings and this book is a great place to start. ( )
1 vote exinanition | Jul 14, 2014 |
Every type of minister should read this book. It is Lloyd-Jones at his best, and he boldly speaks about the role of preaching as he does about everything else. This greatly shaped my view of the pulpit, and I re read it every so often. ( )
  laholmes | Apr 5, 2010 |
Every pastor/preacher must read this book. I learned more about the preaching ministry from this one book than I did in four years at seminary. ( )
  stephendr | Dec 5, 2008 |
Lloyd-Jones provides no documentation for things he asserts in this noteworthy book. Verification would have added so much to this tome. There is niether index nor bibliography. ( )
  temsmail | Dec 11, 2006 |
Lloyd-jones in all his Welsh charismatic glory. I started reading this once and wimped out half way. I'm restarting now, I love his confident assertions about how preaching should be done. This is quite helpful for any sort of questions surrounding preaching and preaching ministries.
  parkersbooks | Dec 28, 2005 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,377,887 books! | Top bar: Always visible