The Telling Pool (2005)

by David Clement-Davies

Relying on true courage and true love, as well as some surprising connections to the Arthurian legends, a young Welsh teenager named Rhodri embarks on a quest to remove an ancient curse from Great Britain during the reign of Richard the Lionheart.

I'm not sure why I picked this up - I've never been interested in Arthurian stuff (except, iirc, The Book of Merlyn three decades ago). Something about it just calls out to me 'read me' though, so I'll try.

Ok, I only got to p. 25. Sorry. I read the reviews and understand that, for me, the book isn't worth my time compared to all the others on my TBR mountain. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 5, 2016 |
Amazing book. Don't read it if you value 2 or so weeks where you can't even think about reading anything else. After you are finished. ( )
  Micerule4 | Mar 2, 2012 |
A true fantasy. A coming of age story, with love, lust, and magic. Left me wanting more. ( )
  MDLady | Nov 10, 2007 |

David Clement-Daviesprimary authorall editionscalculated
Craig, DanCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Turning and turning in the widening gyre, The falcom cannot hear the falconer; Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world, The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere The ceremony of innocence is drowned. - W.B. Yeats, The Second Coming | Miri it is while sumer ilast with fugheles song. Oc nu necheth windes blast and weder strong. Ei, Ei! What this night is long! And ich with well michel wrong soregh and murne and fast. - Old English Plaint
For Paul and Detta
I caught this mornings morning's minion, kingdom of daylight's dauphin, dapple-dawn-drawn Falcon...

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 204,230,667 books! | Top bar: Always visible