Love Walked In (2005)

by Marisa de los Santos

Series: Cornelia Brown (1)

Fiction. Literature. Romance. HTML:From the New York Times bestselling author of I'd Give Anything and Iâ??ll Be Your Blue Sky comes a â??bewitching, warmhearted grown-up fairy tale about old movies, charming princes, and finding happily ever after in the place where youâ??d least expect itâ? (Jennifer Weiner).

When Martin Grace enters the hip Philadelphia coffee shop Cornelia Brown manages, her life changes forever. But little does she know that her newfound love is only the harbinger of greater changes to come. Meanwhile, across town, Clare Hobbsâ??eleven years old and abandoned by her erratic motherâ??goes looking for her lost father. She crosses paths with Cornelia while meeting with him at the cafĂ©, and the two women form an improbable friendship that carries them through the unpredictable curren… (more)
    Belong to Me by Marisa de los Santos (alaskabookworm)
    alaskabookworm: Though "Belong To Me" is a stand-alone book, "Love Walked In" is actually came first and has some of the same characters.
    The Godmother by Carrie Adams (jhedlund)
    The Stepmother by Carrie Adams (jhedlund)

So good, a truly gifted writer this book has aged really well since technology isnt a huge part of the story, sure a few things might play out a little different in present day but mostly not. ( )
  hellokirsti | Jan 3, 2024 |
I feel the same way about this book as Cornelia felt about Martin. It had all the right pieces, and I liked it a lot. It did its best to pull me in, but no matter how much I wanted to love it, I couldn't.

I did however see a lot of my 27 year old self in Cornelia, and my 11 year old self in Clare and these two characters were the heart and soul of the book, so I can't say that I didn't like it. I just didn't fall in love with it. ( )
  jskeltz | Nov 23, 2023 |
Overly romanticized. The writing itself was not my thing. The 11 year old character was not believable at all. ( )
  CarolHicksCase | Mar 12, 2023 |
Adult fiction. ( )
  reader1009 | Jul 3, 2021 |
I picked up Loved Walked In after I found it in an online second-hand bookstore, but the truth is Anne bogle was the one that introduced me to the book through her podcast What Should I Read Next.
My public library had the second book of the series, and I am a reader that likes to read the books of a series in order. I just finished my last audiobook, and while I was browsing through the Audible app, I saw that I could borrow the book with the new feature of Audible plus. I reduced a star because of the quality of the audiobook. When Clare's part was narrated, there were continuously background noises of teenagers laughing. I also felt that Clare's narrator's voice is a little bit suitable for an older character and not for an 8-year old girl.
Love Walks In is a great story that you won't want to read quickly. There is much to learn about the characters in this book. They have depth and well thought out conversations that, in the end, have more meaning about the way the people relate to each other. One of these characters is a child who needs a mother because she is watching hers slowly disappear. At 8 years old, Clare has to consider how she can survive in her world without the love the characters felt and showed, the love they already had and knew, and the love that grew in their hearts as they met someone new. Hence the title. Love Walked In. Because love does walk in, several times in the course of the book, in different ways. Each character is affected by it and made stronger and better because of the love walking into their life.
Anyone finding out that something terrible is going on with her mother.
Cornelia is someone I think I would be friends with in real life. I found myself in her world through vivid descriptions. It was almost as if the main character was inviting you into her life. Even though sometimes I felt bored with the whole descriptions of the old movies and actors and actresses. ( )
  AvigailRGRIL | Nov 3, 2020 |

Santos, Marisa de losprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Cuervo, AlmaNarratormain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ikeda, JenniferNarratormain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lorschy, KatalinTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Belongs to Publisher Series

For David Teague
You're the Nile
You're the Tower of Pisa
My life- my real life- started when a man walked into it, a handsome stranger in a perfectly cut suit, and, yes, I know how that sounds.

Marisa de los Santos is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 207,119,148 books! | Top bar: Always visible