How to Say No to a Stubborn Habit by Erwin…

How to Say No to a Stubborn Habit

by Erwin W. Lutzer

Really enjoyed reading this book. Author gives solid biblical reasons why we continually fall into sins, enables you to identify your sins/weaknesses and Biblical verses to help you overcome and provide strength when tempted. ( )
  lindend | Mar 15, 2016 |
This is an outstanding book on dealing with stubborn habits (temptation and sin.) I have always liked Dr, Lutzer because he doesn't attempt to hide the fact that he is human and faces the same temptations and struggles as everyone else. This book is saturated in scripture as he proves his points. He paints a beautiful picture of what the church should be as we support each other, pray specifically for one another and hold one another accountable. Each chapter ends with several thought-provoking questions for personal reflection and/or group study.

I plan to re-read it and spend more time meditating on the questions. ( )
  lbutts | Apr 7, 2008 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0882077872, Paperback)

HOW TO SAY NO TO A STUBBORN HABIT
Why is temptation so powerful and attractive?
Why doesn't God keep Satan from tempting me?
When does a temptation turn into a sin?
Why do I always seem to slip back into sinful habits?

Every day you face the oldest human dilemma--the choice between good and evil. The good news is that you can say No to sin and Yes to God.

This book will show you the road to freedom from that stubborn habit that is causing you so much trouble.

ERWIN W. LUTZER is senior pastor of Moody Church in Chicago. A graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary and Loyola University, he has served on the facilities of Briercrest Bible Institute and Moody Bible Institute. Dr. Lutzer's other books include Living with Your Passions, Managing Your Emotions, Satan's "Evangelistic" Strategy for This New Age, Overcoming the Grasshopper Complex, Growing Through Conflict, and Keep Your Dream Alive.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:48 -0400)

Everyone is familiar with the cycle: We decide to break a bad habit once and for all. We may even experience some short-term success. Yet almost inevitably, we fall back into that undesirable behavior and the frustrating process starts all over again. The experience can leave us feeling powerless to make changes in our lives. Popular author and pastor Erwin Lutzer believes it is possible to break the cycle of addictive behavior. Filled with biblical insight, Getting to No: How to Break a Stubborn Habit takes an honest look at the temptations lying beneath the surface of every bad habit. Lutzer examines tough issues-such as why temptation exists, what purpose it serves in our lives, and what happens when we fail again-and provides practical tools that will help you find freedom from bad habits for good.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,697,586 books! | Top bar: Always visible