Unicorns in the Rain by Barbara Cohen

Unicorns in the Rain

by Barbara Cohen

An invitation from a stranger on a train takes Nikki to unicorns and the boarding of an ark.
2007 (1) animal fiction (1) animals (1) apocalypse (1) B (1) book (1) C11 (1) children's (1) children's literature (1) compassion (1) F (1) fantasy (11) favorites (1) fiction (6) flood (2) hardcover (1) love (1) mmpb (1) Noah (3) novel (1) paperback (1) paranormal (1) read (1) read in 1989 (1) to-read (1) unicorns (7) unread (1) urban fantasy (1) YA (4) young adult (3)

A strange, somewhat depressing story. I can't say I liked it. But I have to give the writer props for originality. Its set in a bleak, sinful society, on the verge of a watery apocalypse. A kind of retelling of Noah's ark. But with unicorns. ( )
  Mortumi | May 21, 2012 |
The story of the Flood and Noah's Ark, but in a more modern society, much like our own. This is one of my favorites from my childhood and, while it's an easy read, the story is still a good one.

College student Nikki meets Sam, a law student, on her way to visit her grandmother for a long weekend. He pursuades her to visit his family instead, where she finds their farm covered with exotic animals. She struggles with her own beliefs as she meets Sam's family and, more importantly, the two unicorns that are meant to be on the ship. ( )
  paghababian | Dec 27, 2007 |
This book started out slow and I didn't really see the point, but it turned out to be worth reading. ( )
  crysreality | Feb 26, 2007 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,117,441 books! | Top bar: Always visible