SantaThing signup ends Monday at 12pm Eastern US. Check it out!
dismiss

Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle (1947)

by Betty MacDonald

Series: Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle (1)

From her upside-down house, the eccentric Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle issues to parents her marvelous cures for such common children's diseases as Won't-Put-Away-Toys-itis, Answerbackism, and Fighter-Quarrelitis.
Recently added byTeamKS, MishaJ, private library, vwade, DFED, awcz_library, MizMouse, tbilisilighthouse

Parents in one city turn to Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle for ludicrous child rearing tips and Saw style punishments to correct various behaviors. More a series of macabre short stories than a novel, really. ( )
  Joe901 | Nov 2, 2021 |
  lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
Selfishness cure, Answer-Backer cure, Slow Eater Tiny Bite Taker cure, Won't Put Away Toys cure
  JennyArch | Oct 16, 2019 |
Banned books:

Are you there God, its me, Margaret
Huckleberry Finn
Heather has two Mommies

Why are people wasting their time on those well meaning books when Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle is still out there on shelves, unchallenged, messing with people's heads?! I read this odd little book when I was about eight and STILL have recurring nightmares about The Radish Cure. I just reread it today, trying to vanquish my fears, and now I'm afraid to go to sleep.

I will not go into details about The Radish Cure except to say that to this day the sight of mud on my skin freaks me out and I have a deep distrust of roots.

Bring on The Satanic Verses, but keep that Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle away from me! ( )
  JanetNoRules | Sep 17, 2018 |
Loved Mrs. Piggle Wiggle when I was a kid! She is ever so much better than Mary Poppins and you can't pay me enough to read nanny mcphee. ( )
  Kim_Sasso | Mar 14, 2018 |

Knight, HilaryIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sendak, MauriceIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
White, KarenNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Anne, Joan, Mari, Salli Heidi, Darsie, Frankie and Stevie

who are perfect angels and couldn't possibly have been the inspiration for any of these stories.
I expect I might as well begin by telling you all about Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle so that whenever I mention her name, which I do very often in this book, you will not interrupt and ask, "Who is Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle? What does she look like? How big is she? How old is she? What color is her hair? Is her hair long? Does she wear high heels? Does she have any children? Is there a Mr. Piggle-Wiggle?"

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,354,488 books! | Top bar: Always visible