Suite Scarlett

by Maureen Johnson

Series: Scarlett Martin (1)

Fifteen-year-old Scarlett Marvin is stuck in New York City for the summer working at her quirky family's historic hotel, but her brother's attractive new friend and a seasonal guest who offers her an intriguing and challenging writing project improve her outlook.

English (73)  French (2)  All languages (75)
Scarlett Martin and her family own and run the old Hopewell hotel in New York City. When Amy Amberson comes to stay at the Hopewell, life changes for Scarlett as she becomes what amounts to Mrs. Amberson's personal assistant. In her quest to experience old New York, Mrs. Amberson ends up helping produce Scarlett's brother Spencer's play and helping Scarlett with her love life as she tries to figure out her relationship with another of the actors in Spencer's play named Eric.

With lots of zany adventures, humor, and romance, this story offers a lot to readers. The story is well-written and enjoyable. Amy Amberson's background is partially explained in this book, but it seems as though there should be much more about her, hopefully in other books in this series. ( )
  ftbooklover | Oct 12, 2021 |
I love just about everything Maureen Johnson has written her characters are great and I love her stories. Her series tend to be quite different from each other but they are all good in their own right. Maureen Johnson is not only a great writer but she is also amazing on Twitter I highly recommend following her. ( )
  KateKat11 | Sep 24, 2021 |
I liked this, not as much as I thought I would but it was a fun read for sure. I loved the premise of a family living in an art deco hotel in New York. I thought the details about the family and the hotel were great, I wasn't so interested in some of the side plots (the Hamlet play) but I found Scarlett and her family so interesting that I will definitely be reading the next book. More than anything, this book made me miss NYC in a major way! ( )
  Emily_Harris | Dec 22, 2020 |
I don't know why, but I love stories that take place in hotels. Maybe I've always wanted to secretly live in one or something but my eyes are always immediately drawn to books that take place in hotels at book stores. And, maybe I'm biased because of that, but I loved this book. I did read it awhile back but I can still remember loving the characters and the writing. If you're a fan of contemporary romance then definitely pick this book up! ( )
  spellbindingstories | May 24, 2018 |
I found it a little slow in the beginning, but about a quarter of the way through it was pretty entertaining. Stories set in New York always make me happy.

It's a pretty funny story about a weird family who owns a hotel. There's a ridiculous play that needs to be hidden from parents and an old lady that changes Scarlett's life. Entertaining stuff. Weeeeeeeee! ( )
  Shahnareads | Jun 21, 2017 |

Belongs to Series

This book is dedicated to anyone who has ever played a dead body on a stage or screen. It takes a big actor to lie on the ground and keep quiet. Droop on, my lifeless friends.
The Hopewell has been a family-run institution on the Upper East Side for over seventy-five years.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 177,072,996 books! | Top bar: Always visible