Names My Sisters Call Me by Megan Crane

Names My Sisters Call Me

by Megan Crane

2021387,906 (3.63)6
    Love the One You're With by Emily Giffin (writemeg)
    Questions To Ask Before Marrying by Melissa Senate (writemeg)
    writemeg: Another dynamic work following sisters on a quest to make things right before a wedding!

I didn't like this one as much as her other novels. I thought the characters were a little flat and the relationships were frustrating. ( )
  lovelypenny | Feb 4, 2016 |
Names my sisters call me was not an easy book for me to get through. I loved the story and the characters, but family issue books are not easy for me to read. I did like the was this one made me think about the roles we all play, and the roles we assign others in our family. ( )
  mlake | Apr 28, 2015 |
Nah I guess I do not like Megan Crane's writing style. This is the second book I've read by her (English as a Second Language which I did not like at all)
I got so annoyed with the weird sister and her boyfriend, I just skeeted through the book. skeeted? I think that is not an English word. scooted? I do not want to be constantly annoyed. (One reason why I never liked The Shopaholic books lol) ( )
  Marlene-NL | Apr 12, 2013 |
It is the story of Courtney who trying to come to terms with the betrayal of her ex-boyfriend who ran off with her sister, Raine as well as reconcile with her estranged sister whom she have no contact since the fateful day. All these was because she is trying to come to terms with before her engagement with Lucas.

I find the story alittle pathetic especially the character of Raine who to me, is rather "unstable". Of the three sisters; Norah who is rather hotheaded, Raine and Courtney who is the inferior one among the sister, i like Courtney the most. She is down to earth, and i can relate her to the reality unlike her two other sisters ;) Overall, the book is rather well written but i wish that the story will have a better ending as I find the ending is a little too abrupt. ( )
  jolzyn | Nov 10, 2011 |
I love Megan Crane, the first book i read from her I remember really liking, but this one was just ok for me, it was funny, and had interesting moments, but it didn't knock my socks off, or blow me away, and the ending kinda feel flat for me, due to its predictability.

This book is about three sisters, all of which are completly different and have completly different personalitys. First theres Norah, who is the oldest and the overachiever, and who can't let go of a six year grudge against Raine, the middle sister, who is artsy and a free spirit, and moves from place to place without a care in the world, and the youngest Courtney, who is getting married and just wants her sisters to end the drama between them and both be at her wedding. But having Raine come back into their lives, brings back Courtneys first love, and Raines best friend Matt.

The biggest problem I had with this book was the characters. I absolutely could not STAND Courtney's best friend Verena, She seriously irratated me through-out the whole novel, the dialougue between Courtney and Verena made me want to throw the book against the room. She didn't seem like a true-blue friend and constantly tore down on Courtney. I seriously cannot remember the last time a character annoyed me more to be honest, she was that bad in my opinion. Also Courtney's sisters both irrated me to no end. In fact the only characters that didn't bother me were Courtney, her fiancee' Lucas, and her ex-boyfriend Matt.

I liked the storyline and thought it was a cute concept but it feel flat for me due to the characters. ( )
  LauraMoore | Jun 24, 2011 |

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:50 -0400)

"Courtney, Norah, and Raine Cassel are as different as three sisters can be. Norah, the oldest, is a type A obsessive who hasn't forgiven Raine, the middle sister, for ruining her wedding day six years ago. Raine is Norah's opposite, a wild child/performance artist/follow-your-bliss hippie chick who ran off to California. The only thing the two have in common is their ability to drive Courtney, their youngest sister, crazy. When her longtime boyfriend proposes, Courtney decides it's finally time to call a truce and bring the three sisters together. After all, they're grown-ups now, right? But it turns out that family ghosts aren't easily defeated--and neither are first loves. Soon Courtney finds herself reexamining every choice she has made in the past six years--including the man she's about to marry--and the value of reconnecting with the sisters she knows she needs, in spite of everything."--Cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,428,860 books! | Top bar: Always visible