Countdown (1990)

by David Hagberg

Series: Kirk McGarvey (2)

When an American submarine and a Pershing missile vanish, a maverick C.I.A. agent must chase and catch a ruthless K.G.B. assassin before terrorism can strike at the balance of power.

Countdown wasn't a great book, but it was much better than Without Honor. McGarvey was much more of an interesting character and, unlike Without Honor, he actually did things in Countdown. The plot may not have worked simply because the Cold War issues at its core were no longer relevant. The book was, however, good enough for me to keep reading McGarvey novels. ( )
  MSWallack | Aug 25, 2007 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,465,831 books! | Top bar: Always visible