Are You My Mother?

by P. D. Eastman

A little bird asks animals, planes, and boats, "Are you my mother?" until he finds his own mother.

English (247)  Spanish (1)  Catalan (1)  All languages (249)
“You are not a boat, or plane, or a Snort!’

This one has always touched me! A new born bird searching for his momma. Sigh... ( )
  Stahl-Ricco | Mar 3, 2021 |
Practicing my storytelling with picture books. ( )
  resoundingjoy | Jan 1, 2021 |
I loved this book as a child and the image of the snort stayed with me always. ( )
  klnbennett | Oct 7, 2020 |
  lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
  lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
"My daughter got this as a Christmas novel (in 2015) from her Grandfather and recently (in 2017) decided to use it as her first 1st Grade book report book. She has nothing but sweet words to say about it and it was the first novel she was able to read by herself.

It's a great learning novel and it's very silly."

Watch my video about my daughter's book report on this novel here: http://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot...

To My Mother
A mother bird sat on her egg.

Are You My Mother? follows a confused baby bird who's been denied the experience of imprinting as he asks cows, planes, and steam shovels the Big Question. In the end he is happily reunited with his maternal parent in a glorious moment of recognition. Ages 4-8.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 158,999,284 books! | Top bar: Always visible