Are You My Mother? by P. D. Eastman

Are You My Mother?

by P. D. Eastman

English (234)  Spanish (1)  Catalan (1)  All languages (236)
"Are You My Mother?" by P.D. Eastman is a lovely book. I think it is a wonderful story about a baby bird who cannot find its mother. So they go exploring and trying to find their mother. I remember reading this when I was little, as I had many many of P. D. Eastman's books. I enjoy the story, the word choice, and the illustrations. I would definitely recommend this book for new readers.
  ctrain6 | Apr 17, 2019 |
Are you My Mother, is a childrens picture book. In this story children learn that you do not need to be biological to take care or relate to another person. I think this story has great lessons. I would use this book in my classroom for grades k-2nd. ( )
  abeers3 | Apr 16, 2019 |
This is a simple book for starter readers. It's about a bird that hatches minutes after his mother leaves to find food for him before he is born. He spends his whole day looking for someone he has never seen but he eventually does unite with his mother for the first time. ( )
  JenniferFowler123456 | Apr 14, 2019 |
This story is about a baby bird who goes on a journey in his new world to find his mother. Its a well organized book and allows the student to identify the different between animals. This book can be great for young readers it provides easy to follow illustrations as you follow the baby bird on his journey to find his mom.
  aseebo2 | Apr 8, 2019 |
The book Are You My Mother by P.D Eastman is a book about a baby bird that is looking for their mom. I liked the book for a few reasons. First, I liked the book because the story was well organized and well paced. The bird went up to a few animals before finding their mom, but not too many to where the reader would get bored. Secondly, I liked the book because of the characters. I believe the baby bird was well-developed in the sense that a reader has sympathy for the bird when it hatches and cannot find its mom. Lastly, I liked the book because the point of view was very clear. It was evident that the little bird was the narrator because when he would ask another animal if they were his mom he would say: are you my mom? The use of the word my makes it very clear who the narrator is. ( )
  msanch6 | Feb 27, 2019 |

P. D. Eastmanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Dr. Seusssecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Seuss, Dr.secondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To My Mother
A mother bird sat on her egg.

Are You My Mother? follows a confused baby bird who's been denied the experience of imprinting as he asks cows, planes, and steam shovels the Big Question. In the end he is happily reunited with his maternal parent in a glorious moment of recognition. Ages 4-8.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0394800184, Hardcover)

This is the classic from which many of our staff first learned to read, starting us on a path of unremitting bibliophilia. Are You My Mother? follows a confused baby bird who's been denied the experience of imprinting as he asks cows, planes, and steam shovels the Big Question. In the end he is happily reunited with his maternal parent in a glorious moment of recognition.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:14 -0400)

Never having seen his mother, a baby bird makes humorous mistakes trying to find her.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,164,561 books! | Top bar: Always visible