How It All Vegan!: Irresistible Recipes for an Animal-Free Diet

by Tanya Barnard

Other authors: Sarah Kramer

A delectable invitation to join the Vegan empire. Sarah and Tanya are friends and self-described lazy vegetarians whose love of animals made them want to eliminate animal products completely from their diet. Their decision to go vegan'was a challenge not only to their palate but to their way of thinking about food and nutrition. But with imagination Sarah and Tanya demonstrate here how vegan food is fabulous food.'… (more)

This seems kind of disappointig up to now. I'm planning to work through it, maybe I'm just underestimating it… Too many things that don't work as they should (flax eggs. they're just as disgusting in anything you might want to use them for as the first thought on "flax eggs" suggests.), and all that soy cheese and other replacement stuff, that's not quite my style. ( )
  kthxy | May 6, 2016 |
The first book by the two friends who eventually went their separate ways. My main complaint with this book is that I don't think they tested the recipes enough. Expect a lot of quirks and use your cooking good sense when making these recipes. There are a lot of good recipes but also much room for error. In my opinion, the second book How It All Vegan is much better and more professional. ( )
  S.D. | Apr 5, 2014 |
Eh. (shrugs shoulders) ( )
  snooksmcdermott | Apr 6, 2013 |
This cookbook completely makes me understand the average what-I'm-eating-ignorant, pig-eyeballs-shaped-like-hot-dogs-devouring, colon-clogged Meat Patriot's aversion to "hippie food." The simple fact is that most vegans can't cook, don't know good food when they taste it, and are almost immoral in their earnest, manic attempts to get the handful of vegans who appreciate good food and can cook it to resignedly spoon gobs of miscalculated recipes past our sophisticated, offended taste buds and down to our protesting stomachs, which will later not manage to convert "Better Than (insert name of dairy product here)" into nerves, sinew and tissue, but only knots of searing gas. This book's recipes, with very few exceptions, are either disgusting, bland, or simply don't turn out when put into practice. Much more can be learned from befriending one good vegan foodie (check for good body odor, cleanliness of feet, and a knack of knowing which curry take-out places won't make one ill) than slaving over food processors with any one of dozens of these sorts of cutesy recipe collections propped up on your kitchen counter. ( )
  ontoursecretly | Jan 11, 2011 |
Great book... fun to read with yummy, simple recipes ( )
  barefootnikki | Jun 8, 2008 |

Barnard, Tanyaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Kramer, Sarahsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,201,570 books! | Top bar: Always visible