Waiter Rant: Thanks for the Tip--Confessions of a Cynical Waiter

by Steve Dublanica

Taken from the popular blog, WaiterRant.net, tells the story from the server's point of view about customer stupidity, arrogance, misbehavior and even human grace.

Interesting to see yourself as a customer from a waiter's perspective.

Enjoyable read. ( )
  avdesertgirl | Aug 22, 2021 |
adult nonfiction. Sick of corruption, the author quits seminary school to join the healthcare industry, but after struggling under similar circumstances, he decides to take a job as a waiter until he figures out what he wants to do next. One year turns into 7 years, and after successfully blogging about his experiences he successfully transitions into a writer. Loads of insight about the waiting profession as well as about life itself and the personal choices we all make. ( )
  reader1009 | Jul 3, 2021 |
A waiter's look at life as a server in upscale New York restaurants. Fast-paced, some language, but overall a very enjoyable read. Learn why you should avoid restaurants on a holiday, read some of the sad stories of customers (who knew the waiters really noticed us?); feel elated when he gets back at rude ones. Based on the blog he began while waiting tables. A very well-written, witty tale that sucks in the reader and makes you sorry when the story ends. (And yes, he's at work on a sequel.)
  Chark | Jun 8, 2021 |
I just finished this book because I thought it would be a funny read. It is, particularly to one who has actually waited tables. As one who hasn't, I thought he came off as an arrogant, whiny person. I want to say POS, which doesn't mean "point of sale", but he probably isn't one. The book was very quick and to his point. ( )
  Jimbookbuff1963 | Jun 5, 2021 |
It's a little preachy and more of a memoir than "Confessions of..." but it's a good look into being a waiter and not being a terrible customer.

SSBranham | Sep 17, 2020 |

Steve Dublanicaprimary authorall editionscalculated
Miller, Dan JohnNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to my mother, my father, and everyone who's ever waited tables.
Preface
I'm a waiter.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 173,551,709 books! | Top bar: Always visible