Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Masquerade by Kit Williams

Masquerade (1979)

by Kit Williams

Drawings are whimsical and evocative. The book is a riddle; well done. ( )
  deckla | Jun 11, 2018 |
Made an impression on me when I was little. ( Anyone drawing / illustrating anything like that seemed unreal / impossible ) ( )
  Baku-X | Jan 10, 2017 |
A wonderful ride full of vibrant illustrations and treasure hunts. The story that changed literature for me forever. I have a copy my grandpa gave me and I've loved it ever since. Each page challenges what's normal and a true testament to thinking out side of the box. I still wish to this day no one ever found the treasure that was buried. ( )
  gracelovera | Sep 29, 2015 |
  BakuDreamer | Sep 7, 2013 |
Kit Williams has long been a favourite and this was missing from my (small) collection. I have been revelling in the paintings and trying to solve the riddle, but it is too difficult, and I cheated (all explained on the web). I'm glad to hear that KW was reunited with his hare jewellery. Concidentally, just before I read this, I finished a fascinating book called The Leaping Hare, and am fairly sure that KW must have read it as well, as there were similar names and poems in the two. ( )
  overthemoon | May 27, 2011 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 080523747X, Hardcover)

Schocken Books. NY. Copyright-1979. This publication-1980. "First American edition". First printing (no later dates, number/letter lines). Blue boards with impression of author's initials (KW) on lower corner of front board. Gilt lettering on spine. Pumpkin colored endpapers. No markings or names inside or out. Book has faint dust discoloration along bottom edge, else/still fine. Original, unclipped dj ($9.95)-fine. In archival protector. A nice, clean copy.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:17 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,474,385 books! | Top bar: Always visible