Folk Socks by Nancy Bush

Folk Socks

by Nancy Bush

990None8,619 (4.15)4

I used this book to learn how to knit socks. Very helpful, very informative, I still refer to it from time to time. Has wonderful information concerning technique as well as some wonderful patterns to apply what you have learned. I highly recommend. ( )
  MJSaylor | Mar 4, 2009 |
Nancy Bush talked me into making my first pair of socks back when she had time to run her store in Salt Lake City. This book is a great book, not just for patterns but also as a technique reference. ( )
  TheLibraryhag | Nov 27, 2008 |
I've made the Highland Schottische Kilt Hose from this book and they turned out great. The book also has a classic sock pattern with variations on heel and toe. ( )
  kidpiper | Jul 11, 2007 |
This book started my romance with socks. I conquered my fear of 2-color knitting and knitting in the round with the Islamic socks, and used the "basic sock" instructions to write my first sock pattern. I've definitely gotten my money's worth from this title. ( )
  missdeeds | Jul 10, 2007 |
I have knit most of the patterns in this book, some several times. It's a great book to come back to again and again for small projects - and I must have recouped the price of the book many times over in prize money for fair ribbons over the years. ( )
  muumi | Mar 13, 2007 |
Information from the Norwegian Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to the English one.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0934026971, Paperback)

Join the sock knitting revolution! Many knitters today, too pressed for time to knit large garments, are turning to knitting socks-- thanks in part to this lively book with its easy-to-read directions for socks from many European traditions. An hour with this book will have most knitters hunting up their needles to begin a pair of Scottish kilt hose or colorful Estonian socks. Includes precise techniques for various heel and toe shapings, along with a wealth of information on the history of sock knitting. A wonderful book for your collection or as a gift for the knitter in your life.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:26:51 -0400)

Folk Socks offers a collection of 18 sock patterns pulled from European and British traditions, including boot socks, Birkenstock socks, lacy stockings, kilt hose, cabled and clocked socks, and more. There is also a chapter on essential sock knitting techniques for heel turns, toe shaping, and top ribbing for knitters of all skill levels.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,493,658 books! | Top bar: Always visible