Basketball Jones by E. Lynn Harris

Basketball Jones

by E. Lynn Harris

Basketball Jones is the story of Aldridge “AJ” Richardson and his boyfriend, NBA star Dray Jones. They’ve been in love for seven years but must keep their relationship a secret to avoid jeopardizing Dray’s career. Dray even goes so far as to marry a woman, Judi. Trouble ensues when someone starts blackmailing AJ and Dray and threatens to expose them.

I listened to this book on audio and I think that added to my enjoyment of it. The narrator, Mirron Willis’s voice is as smooth as silk and the tone he used for Dray was incredibly sexy. The blackmailer’s identity was supposed to be a mystery until the end, although I had it figured out well before AJ did. I didn’t mind though because I loved the characters so much and was having fun following along, even if it was predictable. AJ and Dray had a very tender, loving relationship and I enjoyed that aspect as well.

I’m sad that E. Lynn Harris passed away earlier this year. This is the first book of his I’ve read and I’m looking forward to reading the others. ( )
  mcelhra | Dec 13, 2009 |
The plot in this book is crazy. I can see this happening in real life and probably has. Wow, I wouldn't want to be caught in his shoes. I wish someone would take care of me like that! This was a GREAT book. ( )
  DF5B_TrentB | Sep 4, 2009 |
Although I have two degrees, including an MBA from Georgia State University, I haven't worked a nine-to-five since I met Dray. When we first moved to Atlanta, I was kept busy furnishing his new condo and my town house, which were about ten minutes apart. Even though we spent a lot of time together, Dray thought it best that we have separate living quarters. I understood that. I even picked up a few clients for interior design work and then pursued my MBA at night but didn't tell Dray about it, because he made it clear he wanted me to be able to travel at a moment's notice to attend his road games.

E. Lynn Harris has wowed and seduced more than three million readers with the wicked drama and undeniable heart in his novels. Now he’s back with another winner sure to top the bestseller lists—a rip-roaring tale of sex, secrets, betrayal . . . and blackmail.

Aldridge James “AJ” Richardson is living the good life. He has a gorgeous town house in always-flavorful New Orleans, plenty of frequent-flier miles from jet-setting around the country on a whim, and an MBA—but he’s never had to work a regular job. He owes it all to his longtime lover, Dray Jones. Dray Jones the rich and famous NBA star. They fell in love in college when AJ was hired to tutor Dray, a freshman on the basketball team. But Dray knew if he wanted to make it to the big time, he must juggle his public image and his private desires. Built on a deep, abiding love, their hidden relationship sustains them both, but when Dray’s teammates begin to ask insinuating questions about AJ, Dray puts their doubts to rest by marrying Judi, a beautiful and ambitious woman. Judi knows nothing about Dray’s “other life.” Or does she?
In Basketball Jones, E. Lynn Harris explores the consequences of loving someone who is forced to conform to the rules society demands its public heroes follow. Filled with nonstop twists and turns, it will keep readers riveted from the first page to the last.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:53 -0400)

The loves of a group of African-Americans of various persuasions: homosexual, bisexual and straight. Promiscuity abounds: people unite, break up, switchpartners. The lucky ones live, the less lucky die from aids.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,441,810 books! | Top bar: Always visible