Turn Coat

by Jim Butcher

Series: The Dresden Files (11)

Harry must uncover a traitor within the Wizards of the White Council, keep a less-than-agreeable warden under wraps, and avoid coming under scrutiny himself. And a single mistake may cost someone his head--someone like Harry.

English (147)  German (1)  All languages (148)
Another good one.
  Wren73 | Mar 4, 2022 |
"Turn Coat" is another heartbreaker for Harry, but I'm not saying why. The skills of his apprentice are growing. I found out this is where the Grey Council forms. He is going to have to let everyone know that Tom is his brother, or he going to burst. ( )
  nab6215 | Jan 18, 2022 |
I loved this installment! I think that I enjoyed this one a little more than I did the first time that I read it 9 nine years ago. Although it must have made an impression on me the first time around because I actually remembered parts of the story which I rarely do. I was hooked by this story right away and wanted to spend as much time listening as I could until I reached the conclusion. I found this to be a very entertaining addition to a much-loved series.

This is definitely a series that should be read in order. Warden Morgan and Harry have a long history and it is a less than pleasant one. When an injured Morgan shows up on Harry’s doorstep needing help, Harry doesn’t hesitate. Morgan has been accused of murdering a member of the senior council and it doesn’t look good. Harry does his best to keep Morgan safe and hidden while trying to figure out who is really responsible.

There were some pretty intense scenes in this book and I spent a lot of the book worried about Harry and the other characters. I love how much growth some of the secondary characters have shown throughout the series and a lot of favorites made some kind of appearance in this book. Molly has also grown in her role as Harry’s apprentice and it has been fun to watch her skills develop. The scenes that take place on the island were near perfection that left me glued to my headphones.

James Marsters does a fantastic job with the narration of this book. I feel like the voices that he uses for each of the characters really fits their personality and help to bring the story to life. I love the way he is able to add emotion and excitement to the story. I believe that his narration added to my enjoyment of this book.

I would recommend this series to others. I had a great time with this book and thought that there were some pretty big developments that may have an impact on future installments in the series. I cannot wait to continue with my re-read of this wonderful series. ( )
  Carolesrandomlife | Oct 29, 2021 |
These books just keep getting deeper and darker and all that much better for it. ( )
  KrakenTamer | Oct 23, 2021 |
Another solid hit from the Dresden Files. This story has Harry trying to exonerate his worst enemy from among the Wardens and facing diwn a skinwalker. All this while teying to suss out the truth behind the Black Council and the traitor on the White Council.

I can’t wait to see what new twists come along in the development of the Molly and the Thomas subplots. Mouse also has competition for “my favorite character” in the form of the pixie Toot-toot and the Za-Lord’s Guard. ( )
  AMKitty | Aug 21, 2021 |

Jim Butcherprimary authorall editionscalculated
Marsters, JamesNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Simmons, JoieCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

For Bob. Sleep well.
The summer sun was busy broiling the asphalt from Chicago's streets, the agony in my head had kept me horizontal for half a day, and some idiot was pounding on my apartment door.

Will Warden Dresden
really defy the Council
just to save Morgan?
(swensonj)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 177,150,948 books! | Top bar: Always visible