Turn Coat

by Jim Butcher

Series: The Dresden Files (11)

Harry must uncover a traitor within the Wizards of the White Council, keep a less-than-agreeable warden under wraps, and avoid coming under scrutiny himself. And a single mistake may cost someone his head--someone like Harry.

English (141)  German (1)  All languages (142)
Turn Coat is book eleven in The Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher.

Hot Dame what a start. Warden Morgan is in trouble; suspected of treason against the Wizarding Council and he turns to Harry for help.

If you’ve been reading this series you know Harry and Morgan don’t get along and also that Morgan is dedicated to the White Council, his job as a Warden, and a stickler for the rules. Harry would love to turn him in, but he knows that Morgan would never break the Laws of Magic.

Things just got more harry… He’s got two days to find the traitor in the White Council. After that Morgan and anyone that helped him goes down for the crime. Things get complicated fast. Friends and family get hurt and no one will be the same after it’s all done.

I enjoyed seeing Waldo Butters the medical examiner again. I adore and love Harry’s dog Mouse. Then we have Molly, Murphy, and Thomas. Each character grows on you and to see something happen to them that will change things; is good and also sad. Things with Thomas after this installment won’t be the same and we don’t know where Harry and him stand. I cried a little and was proud that Harry still says he’s his brother no mater what.

Turn Coat has no shortage of suspense, surprises, lose, and more. The Dresden Files is an extraordinary Urban Fantasy series. I can’t wait to see what’s next for Harry and the gang.

Rated: 5 Stars

angelsgp | May 14, 2021 |
Yep, the fluff is getting more layered. I like that in a series. ( )
  wetdryvac | Mar 2, 2021 |
My husband loves The Dresden Files series. He's read every book and every short story. I'm trying to catch up with him so that we can enjoy the next book together. There is no publication date yet for Peace Talks -- book #16 -- so I have a bit of time to catch up while Jim Butcher finishes writing it. I'm trying to hurry though. My husband has a habit of blurting out major plot points ..... so I'm trying to get through the last book without him accidentally giving me any spoilers.

After enjoying the audio book for book #10 in the series, Small Favor, so much....I went with the audio version on this book, too. James Marsters narrates. He was great as Spike in Buffy.....and he's wonderful as Harry Dresden, too! He reads at a nice even pace and does all the character voices perfectly. Loved it!

In Turn Coat, White Council Warden Morgan is wanted for murder.....he was found standing over the dead body of another council member, the murder weapon still in his hand. But he shows up on Dresden's doorstep saying that he didn't do it and asking for help. In the past, Morgan has tried to have Harry executed...and they just don't get along. But helping an innocent man is always the right thing....so Harry agrees. And once again he's almost instantly up to his eyeballs in danger. Another great action-packed urban fantasy story! This series never lets me down!

Turn Coat is the 11th book in The Dresden Files. The series currently has 15 books, with the 16th book, Peace Talks, currently in progress. I'm moving on to book #12, Changes!

I definitely recommend this series to anyone who enjoys urban fantasy. For me, the Dresden series is second only to Simon Green's Nightside books. ( )
  JuliW | Nov 22, 2020 |
Not as good as usual. The main problem is tonal. This book is just way too grim and sad then compared to the other ones, and that's just not what I go to Dresden files for. Add to that the near overflowing amount of action scenes after action scenes and you get, in my opinion, the worst in a long while. Still, the arc myth stuff (which is what the book is primarily about) is great, and maturing the series a bit is not a terrible idea. ( )
  Raykoda3 | Sep 25, 2020 |
This is easily the best of the Dresden Files. Well drawn characters, good plot, plenty of humour. ( )
  billycongo | Jul 22, 2020 |

Jim Butcherprimary authorall editionscalculated
Marsters, JamesNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Simmons, JoieCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

For Bob. Sleep well.
The summer sun was busy broiling the asphalt from Chicago's streets, the agony in my head had kept me horizontal for half a day, and some idiot was pounding on my apartment door.

Will Warden Dresden
really defy the Council
just to save Morgan?
(swensonj)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 159,209,123 books! | Top bar: Always visible