Runaway Ralph by Beverly Cleary

Runaway Ralph (1970)

by Beverly Cleary

Series: Ralph S. Mouse (2)

Ralph runs away looking for freedom but winds up a prisoner at a summer camp.

Me: What'd you think?
Caleb: Great. ( )
  liannecollins | Apr 18, 2019 |
Such cute little stories in this series. Easy for my son & I to enjoy. Looking forward to reading the 3rd installment. ( )
  TheReadingMermaid | Nov 20, 2017 |
I have not read this book.
  LynneQuan | Sep 25, 2017 |
Fed up with his timid mother and uncle and his squirmy little cousins, Ralph hops onto his toy motorcycle and zooms down the road to summer camp. It turns out camp is not all peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and fun.
  jhawn | Jul 31, 2017 |
I loved this book as a kid, and am amazed how well my garage sale copy held up! My youngest picked it off the shelf for our family reading time as we are in between series.

It was unfortunate timing, as we had just put out poison because over a month of live traps had not cured our mouse infestation. But the book was as fun and as charming as I remember, and left me feeling very guilty when my son begged me to go back to the live traps and pleaded to keep one as a pet. Alas, the poison did its job.

Cleary's writing is far from brilliant, but her storytelling is superb. She breathes life into her characters and now I have a bit more insight into why I don't like cats, I feel guilty for putting out poison to kill mice, and I always dreamed of going to summer camp! Still loved it after all these years! ( )
  HeidiAngell | Jul 29, 2017 |

Cleary, Beverlyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dockray, TracyIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Roberts, WilliamReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wong, B.d.Readersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Louis Darling
1916-1970
The small brown mouse named Ralph who was hiding under the grandfather clock did not have much longer to wait before he could ride his motorcycle.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,818,649 books! | Top bar: Always visible