dismiss

Ouran High School Host Club, Volume 2 (2005)

by Bisco Hatori

Series: Ouran High School Host Club (Volume 2)

When Haruhi, a scholarship student at the exclusive Ouran High School, accidentally breaks an expensive vase belonging to the all-male Host Club, she is forced to work for them as a boy to repay her debt.

Really funny! ( )
  bit-of-a-list-tiger | Sep 12, 2018 |
As usual, I'm giggling, laughing and rolling on my bed. These guys always manage to crack me up.

Oh, and I'm also trying to avoid my mom who's fed up of my loud laugh and is threatening to sew my lips sut! :o ( )
  Swibells | Jul 18, 2018 |
We get lots of character development in this volume. We see the twins at their best (or worse...), Haruhi gets to spend time with Mori and have an adventure. Poor Tamaki is still trying too hard to be someone other than himself with her because he gets embarrassed. Many laugh out loud moments in this volume. The plot is starting to really be build. The friendships between the characters are being revealed.On her adventure with Mori, we get a better understanding about the relationship between him and Honey. Mori is one of my favorite characters in this series, he is really funny in his own quiet way. Kyoya does annoy Haruhi which is always funny. Kyoya's family is thinking about expanding into a new market and he uses his friends to test it out. Comedy ensues.

I give this volume a Five out of Five stars. ( )
  lrainey | May 4, 2016 |
I am loving this series because it is following so closely to the anime that I adored. I look forward to the next volume. I am glad that the series followed so closely to the original material. I also love that it took the artist awhile to become comfortable with the way that the twins should look in the series. It was interesting to see the progression because it shows that sometimes it takes awhile to get a character to where you want them in looks when it comes to comic books. It is interesting to see the concept expand. ( )
  SoulFlower1981 | Jan 20, 2016 |
So I looked at my review of the first volume, which I'm shocked was all the way back in 2008... can that be right? I was kind of harsh. Having watched the anime, I have fallen in love with Ouran High School Host Club, so I decided I needed to go back and read the manga. And now I love it. Maybe it's being more aware of the different manga genres that they joke about. Or maybe I have an easier time following the story, now that I've seen it played out on TV. I don't know, but whatever it is, I adore it.

Stories in this volume include the club trying to keep Haruhi's gender a secret during the school's physical exams (a favorite of mine!), the twins fighting, the club accepts a new member - Shiro - as Tamaki's apprentice, and the club vacations at the Ohtori Aqua Garden - with disastrous results. We learn a little about the twins' history and see a few touching moments mixed in with the chaos.

Bisco Hatori's asides are funny and let you know you shouldn't take anything too seriously. If you want a fun, light read in manga, this is great! ( )
  tiamatq | May 20, 2011 |

Belongs to Series

Belongs to Publisher Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 147,878,804 books! | Top bar: Always visible