Color Zoo by Lois Ehlert

Color Zoo

by Lois Ehlert

This is a really fun book that on each page shows a different shape and animal. Students will love flipping through this book to see what animal or shape would come next.
  KristyMCooper | Sep 8, 2016 |
This was probably the most interesting book that is on my book list. I absolutely loved it and found in very fascinating. I think that students would love this book as well. I would use this book as a read aloud to a kindergarten class. I would show them each page and then go back and talk about how the animals changed just by moving and adding different shapes. I would pass out worksheets of all of the animals used in the book and a worksheet of all the different shapes and have the students color them.. I would then have each student draw an animal only using the shapes that are on the worksheet, they can look through the book, or they can use their imagination.
  AnnaTaylor | Apr 4, 2016 |
This book is an engineered picture book of non-fiction shapes, and how these shapes can make fictional faces of zoo animals come to life. The media used in this book is paper cut outs.
  Jennifer828 | Mar 31, 2016 |
This is a great concept book for young children in the age range of Pre-K to Kindergarten. The creativity of this book with the cut out of different shapes and use of different and bold colors to manipulate and concoct different animals is phenomenal. This could be used to teach concept and used to present shapes, colors, and animals. This could be introduced to young students in geometry terms (age appropriately) and recital with connections to those shapes in which they are viewing in the book to objects in the classroom. ( )
  Amanda11 | Feb 16, 2016 |
This is a fun way to teach shapes, colors, and animals. Young students (preschool) can learn these concepts at the same time, and then use shapes to make their own animals, marking which shapes they use, showing their understanding of the shapes, colors, and animals.
  TaylorWebb | Feb 15, 2016 |
I would use this book in the classroom when teaching about shapes. It is great of the students to see the pages in full color and feel the shapes.
added by courtneyemahr | editCourtney E. Mahr

Lots of shapes and colors and animals in this book. It's a good book to look at, structurally, after "Go Away, Big Green Monster". I think some of the shapes the animals are forced into and some of the colors chosen end up being confusing for the preschool reader. This is not one of my favorite books to use for concepts.

Shapes and colors in your zoo, lots of things that you can do. Heads and ears, beaks and snouts, that's what animals are all about. I know animals and you do too; make some new ones for your zoo.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:45 -0400)

Introduces colors and shapes with illustrations of shapes on die-cut pages that form animal faces when placed on top of one another.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,250,502 books! | Top bar: Always visible