The Ersatz Elevator (2001)

by Lemony Snicket

Other authors: Brett Helquist (Illustrator), Michael Kupperman (Illustrator)

Series: A Series of Unfortunate Events (6)

The woeful saga of the Baudelaire orphans continues as evil Count Olaf discovers their whereabouts at Esmé Squalor's seventy-one bedroom penthouse and concocts a new plan for stealing their family fortune.

So many mysteries. So many questions. If stop reading now, I will live to regrets it. The simple plots in each book is something for young readers to follow. Their a much bigger plot, old (and young readers might get) is stiring up through out the whole series. I love mystery books, even though I can read something and know what going to happen from a mile away. Well,yes that sometime the case but, when something obvies happens and it done in a way that leaves more questions then answers. Then there is likely to be a larger outcome.
This is way I still reading the series, it feed my intrest to the point that I can`t believe I got myself into this. There no backing out. Just need to bypass the simple plot in each book, don`t give up. ( )
  AnnaBookcritter | Sep 15, 2020 |
  AnnaBookcritter | Sep 15, 2020 |

Lemony Snicketprimary authorall editionscalculated
Helquist, BrettIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Kupperman, MichaelIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Curry, TimNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Beatrice -- When we met, my life began. Soon afterwards, yours ended.
The book you are holding in your two hands right now - assuming that you are, in fact, holding this book, and that you have only two hands - is one of two books in the world that will show you the difference between the word "nervous" and the word "anxious".
If you are ever forced to take a chemistry class, you will probably see, at the front of the classroom, a large chart divided into squares, with different numbers and letters in each of them. This chart is called the table of the elements, and scientists like to say that it contains all the substances that make up our world. Like everyone else, scientists are wrong from time to time, and it is easy to see that they are wrong about the table of the elements. Because although this table contains a great many elements, from the element oxygen, which is found in the air, to the element aluminium, which is found in cans of soda, the table of the elements does not contain one of the most powerful elements that make up our world, and that is the element of surprise.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,664,179 books! | Top bar: Always visible